Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Masters And Dental School


Recommended Posts

I was hoping someone could help me. I have applied to dental school and received some interviews. The process has been very slow. I really want to get into dental school, but as a fall back I have applied and been accepted to a Masters program. If I don't get into dental school I will do the Masters and re-apply after. My question is this - the deadline for accepting the Masters is very soon, and I am ok to lose the deposit, but I am afraid accepting this offer may cancel my application to dental school at the same school (U of T). Has any one been through this and if so, can you verify that accepting one will not hurt my chances at the other. I'd appreciate any input or advice you can give.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will have to call but what i have is concurrent applications which I am sure many people have. It just so happens that the masters is also at U of T, where I had applied and gotten an interview.  The notification for acceptance for the Masters is before the the acceptances are put out for Dentistry at the same school. This must be a common problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would talk to the grad school admissions; I had a similar problem when I was waiting on McGill dentistry, and I told the MSc program admin that I was waiting to hear back from another school and if it would be possible to extend the deadline for accepting their offer. They said it's no problem, it happens often, and extended the offer for three weeks. It may depend on whomever your research supervisor is and what sort of schedule they're on for their research, but I would try reaching out if I were you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...