Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you havent received a refusal email yet, that might mean theres still a chance! As I said before, April 17th was the deadline for the first round of invitations, more will probably be sent to fill out the spots that werent taken .. Goodluck to all !

Thanks for the info !! But I am guessing that the chances of an interview invite  is slim for the second round of interviews as not many people reject a physio interview in the first round ...

I am still holding up my hopes, I have not been rejected yet. I've applied to both QPT and QOT at McGill...I hope people reject the invitation because they have something better haha...! Then i can jump on board. I can't wait to move on with my career plans..after battling for 3 years to hopefully get into physio.

Thats actually not totally correct. Anyone who is applying for the masters (PTQY) will not be in competition with the undergrads whatsoever. The 300 mentioned above that apply (or whatever the actual number is - I think it may be higher..) is just people applying to the masters WHO DID NOT do the PT undergrad. Students who did the PT undergrad are automatically reserved spots in the masters before graduating from their undergrad and will be accepted if they maintain a certain GPA. So don't worry about your UG/School/etcetc once you apply its not technically relevant, what is are the prerequisite courses you took and your GPA in those respective courses, as well as your letter of recs, letter of intent, and ECs. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Hi! Do you know how many students Mcgill takes from those they interview?

Thats actually not totally correct. Anyone who is applying for the masters (PTQY) will not be in competition with the undergrads whatsoever. The 300 mentioned above that apply (or whatever the actual number is - I think it may be higher..) is just people applying to the masters WHO DID NOT do the PT undergrad. Students who did the PT undergrad are automatically reserved spots in the masters before graduating from their undergrad and will be accepted if they maintain a certain GPA. So don't worry about your UG/School/etcetc once you apply its not technically relevant, what is are the prerequisite courses you took and your GPA in those respective courses, as well as your letter of recs, letter of intent, and ECs. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thank you for the information. Do you know when is the absolute last date to know if we get invited for the interview? I am afraid if I get into a new job and get a one week notice to fly out for interview, and tickets are expensive, that might be challenging. If I did not receive a rejection letter from both PTQY and OTQY, does it mean I still stand a chance?

there's no compitition because they already won the seats as long as they keep their gpa above 3 or 3.3/4. This year there are over 480 applicants, and they select 60 for interview, in the end 25 will be admitted (which has no preference whether you are a mcgill student or not). So you need to be top 5% of the all the people who has at least 3.3/4 cgpa. Good luck.

Hi, I know that this post is a few days late.

BMCZ19, If you don't mind me asking, what volunteering work and what GPA did you have to get in?

I only have an interview for now but I do hope I get in !

GPA 3.89/4.3 .. did roughly 500 hours interning/ volunteering as a student medic with a few sports teams with other PT students and Kins, .. did roughly 400 hours of clinical interning/volunteering at a College where

i got hands on experience in rehab/assessment for musculoskeletal injuries as a student clinician . I also have a pretty extensive background in Anatomy, Physiology, Biomech .. got mainly As & A+s for those classes

Goodluck with your application ! :)

there's no compitition because they already won the seats as long as they keep their gpa above 3 or 3.3/4. This year there are over 480 applicants, and they select 60 for interview, in the end 25 will be admitted (which has no preference whether you are a mcgill student or not). So you need to be top 5% of the all the people who has at least 3.3/4 cgpa. Good luck.

If i am not mistaken the April 17 was the first cut off date for the 1st invite to the interview. So if i have not receive a refusal letter yet, does it mean that I have made it past the GPA but not the CGPA? so confuse...I have received a refusal letter from QOT but not QPT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I'm also on the 14th, heading to montreal at the same time. The letter that offers you the interview says let them know of any accomodations such as access to buildings. Are the buildings we need to be in going to be locked? I'm confused as to why they mentioned that.

Hey guys, 

Is anyone going to interview on May14th? My interview is at 745am. Going to be arriving in Montreal tomorrow afternoon.  

Wow congrats! Hope it went well. Please share some insights if possible. I am not sure why i hadn't heard anything from them. I'm anxious and wondering if I still have a chance.

Wow congrats! Hope it went well. Please share some insights if possible. I am not sure why i hadn't heard anything from them. I'm anxious and wondering if I still have a chance.

Im not sure if there is still a chance. . .  Sorry. They said we would let us know about there final decision in 7 to 10 days. They are only selecting 25 of the 60 who got interviewed. 

As for the interview all I will say is that there is no way to prep for them. I bought and MMI book to prep and it didnt do me much good. 

Yup I'm also on the 14th, heading to montreal at the same time. The letter that offers you the interview says let them know of any accomodations such as access to buildings. Are the buildings we need to be in going to be locked? I'm confused as to why they mentioned that.

Sorry for not replying to this earlier but I got montreal and my data wasnt working. Either way I hope you did well. 

Archived