Premed 101 Forums

Uoftt Strike Cr/n Impact

So as everyone probably knows, my school's TAs went on strike. UTSC,  my campus, has said that this semester, we can credit/no credit any courses we want, even course requirements. I should be doing fairly well in all my courses (minimum 3.7GPA) except for math, (MATA30). This course I'm probably going to get a seventy something  and was wondering if I should credit no credit this math course. A page dedicated to this stuff said that the Registrar will send letters upon request to grad schools explaining this stuff and why people took credit no credit. 

The site and the details are here: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~registrar/general/faq

My question is, will grad schools care about thus letter or anything at all? I heard some places look at courses with CR/N and assume it's a 50% if they see it. However this is no ordinary credit/no credit, it's under special circumstances due to the strike. So what do I do? I organized my schedule all 4 years so that I have the pre requisites to apply to dentistry, med, pharmacy, and law school and I plan to apply pretty much everywhere, all over Canada and US schools as well. So, does anyone know what I should do??

I feel like in an interview i could easily explain and get away with the credit no credit by just talking about how bug UofT is and how critical the small tutorials are for math etc. 

Archived