Premed 101 Forums

To all those rejected/bad waitlisted/whatever

Guest tantastic

Guest MDbadly

Hi OU812,

I would love to take you up on your offer for some advice on the process, although I'm not too sure if here is the appropriate place.

I did dropped out of physio 1/2 way through the program. It was at a time where I was badwaitlisted for Ottawa after the amazing interview so my mind was fixiated on med only and nothing else. I blindly overlooked how great the physio program was.

I'm not returning to physio this fall but another program. However, I'm having major reservations about it since this is also not what I wanted to do. It's more like settling for second or third best. If you could only know how sad and fustrated I feel constantly, having completed a second degree with high marks but then ending up nowhere (or not where you want to anyways).

No I'm not married or have any family responsibility to tie me down. However, at 32, I'm a very very late bloomer at this game.

Wow you're great! Although you said late bloomer, at 35 you are exactly where you want to be. As for me, I'm nowhere near it.

Thanks friend, for listening.

Guest OU812

What's the other program that you have decided to go into? Chiro is a really good field to get into, and if that itch to become a doctor is still burning then you can always apply at that point.

I'm wondering if the reason you were rejected was because of the other programs that were commenced and not completed (ie. Physio, Teacher's College). Perhaps leaving that "stuff" out of the discussion may help.

Anyways please feel free to email me at gt2333@aol.com

If at 35 you want to be where I am then you can be, as I have completed one year in the medicine program and started when I was 34. :)

Guest me maniac

MD Badly,

If you are a late bloomer at 32, then what am I? (I started my undergrad at 30, already had one kid, had another during undergrad). I'm 37 now and starting med school this fall!

Whoohoo! I am getting to where I want to be! (OK, OK I may be a bit slow, but at least I'm gonna be there!).

I figure I'm going to be 40 one day anyway, at least this way, I'll be doing something I really want.

Don't give up just yet.

me

Archived