Premed 101 Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies for bumping the thread, but I was wondering if U of A releases your wait list positions?

last year i called some time in june without any expectations, but they did tell me what position i was on the waitlist. i was an oop applicant. i think it's maybe because they know we'd have to book flights (among other preparations) and at least have a realistic idea of whether we might get in or go to plan B.

not sure if you're oop or in province, but i was first on the oop waitlist and didn't get in. they said i had a good shot of getting in but i guess no one dropped out. so just a heads up to be prepared for anything! but there's a light at the end of the tunnel...i got into queen's this year, so much closer to home which is actually nicer for me (: so if this is what you want then keep pushing for it, you'll make it happen!

last year i called some time in june without any expectations, but they did tell me what position i was on the waitlist. i was an oop applicant. i think it's maybe because they know we'd have to book flights (among other preparations) and at least have a realistic idea of whether we might get in or go to plan B.

not sure if you're oop or in province, but i was first on the oop waitlist and didn't get in. they said i had a good shot of getting in but i guess no one dropped out. so just a heads up to be prepared for anything! but there's a light at the end of the tunnel...i got into queen's this year, so much closer to home which is actually nicer for me (: so if this is what you want then keep pushing for it, you'll make it happen!

Many thanks for the response. I guess I will have to give them a call as well. I am an oop applicant as well so I guess they have separate wait-lists for oop and in-province.