Premed 101 Forums

Kirsteen are you at Mcgill as part of the Epi program

Guest tantastic

Guest tantastic

Hi Kirsteen:

Nice to see you back on the board :)

Are you taking courses at McGill (I saw on the other post) as part of the Epi program you were in? What are your plans for the upcoming admissions cycle? If you are thinking about working, I saw an ad in the Saturday Globe and Mail careers section that was for an Msc Epidemiology, for I believe it was something to do with infectious diseases with a starting salary of 69,000-74,000. I'm not sure if that interests you, if so look it up, sounds really interesting.

In any case good luck with everything. Have fun in "Mount Royal" :)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there tantastic! Thanks for your note. :)

Yep, I'm at McGill taking some Epi courses (one down, one more in the throes). Brilliant experience and very impressive professors and courses thus far. It's nice to see something outside of my regular UofT realm!

Thanks for the Globe and Mail tip. It seems that epis are in hot demand these days. Finally, as to the upcoming admissions cycle, I'm spraying applications all over the place. I've applied to ~9 different MD/PhD and ~20 MD programs in the US, and plan on giving Canada another stab this year. Fingers crossed that luck will be a lady this year!

Cheers and all the best,

Kirsteen

Guest medicator007

Hey Kirsteen,

Glad to see that you are having a pleasant experience at McGill. Hope you are taking the opportunity to check out some of the summertime events here in Montreal.

All the best,

Medicator

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Peachy: yep, it is quite the workload, but hey; worth it mehopes! Cheers for the shot in the arm. :)

medicator007: Montreal can be difficult NOT to love (mind you, this isn't January with a nice, -43 windchill!). It's great to be back in a city that isn't flat--the walk up McTavish is quite "relished" by my quadriceps; discovering the SoHo-ness of the west side of Vieux Port was brilliant; and it's lovely to find restaus that actually know what's in a caipirinha. Really deep stuff, these experiences, I know, but a nice balance when it comes to 7.5 hours daily of pharmacoeconomics lectures!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest wassabi101

Hi Kirsteen,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the courses in the Epi department at McGill. So what classes did you end up taking? I'm at Purvis a few times a week so we've probably already bumped into each other without even knowing it.

Enjoy your stay,

wassabi

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there!

On courses: I took Pharmacoepi II two weeks ago, and now it's Pharmacoeconomics--brilliant, both. Have you ever had Lucien Abehaim as a prof, perchance? Fantastic and brainy guy.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived