Premed 101 Forums

U Of A's Ot Program 2015: Offers, Rejection, Waitlisted

Congratulations to those who got in :D

I'm feeling pretty down right now as I was sure I was competitive enough (3.81), with overall experience and application and being IP... really wondering what happened or if they calculated my right GPA... :(

I'm super bummed about not hearing anything yet, too. :( 

Does anyone know the details of their acceptance process?  For example, does U of A create a pool of eligible applicants based on minimum GPA criteria and then sort through based on other program suitability requirements to rank applicants? (Instead of basing it primarily on GPA to rank order, like other programs seem to?) 

I'm guessing the rest of us have to wait another month now, huh? So painful!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to those who got in :D

I'm feeling pretty down right now as I was sure I was competitive enough (3.81), with overall experience and application and being IP... really wondering what happened or if they calculated my right GPA... :(

Your application will continue to be evaluated until the end of June! University of Alberta sends out multiple rounds of offers, so this was just the first round of acceptances. Do not be discouraged! By no means does this mean that you still don't have a very good chance:) Check out this link for more information: http://rehabilitation.ualberta.ca/departments/occupational-therapy/msc-in-occupational-therapy/application-review-and-admission-offers .  

Your application will continue to be evaluated until the end of June! University of Alberta sends out multiple rounds of offers, so this was just the first round of acceptances. Do not be discouraged! By no means does this mean that you still don't have a very good chance:) Check out this link for more information: http://rehabilitation.ualberta.ca/departments/occupational-therapy/msc-in-occupational-therapy/application-review-and-admission-offers .  

Yes I know :) thank you so much. I just thought I would have made the first round... so hard to wait anymore, but it's okay :) in due time

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your acceptance!  I am finishing up my first year of OT at U of A.  Please do not create a facebook group.  A group has already been created for you.  Administrative staff at the U of A will be e-mailing you a link shortly.  If you would like to join prior to that just search: U of A Occupational Therapy Class of 2017.  This group was created by second year OTPDC members (OT professional development committee members).  It is designed to give you an opportunity to ask questions and discuss course content.  Sorry that you already went to the trouble of creating a group.  However, this is the one that you will need to join!  

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your acceptance!  I am finishing up my first year of OT at U of A.  Please do not create a facebook group.  A group has already been created for you.  Administrative staff at the U of A will be e-mailing you a link shortly.  If you would like to join prior to that just search: U of A Occupational Therapy Class of 2017.  This group was created by second year OTPDC members (OT professional development committee members).  It is designed to give you an opportunity to ask questions and discuss course content.  Sorry that you already went to the trouble of creating a group.  However, this is the one that you will need to join!  

Thanks!

Oh wow that is awesome, thank you! I will delete the old one to avoid confusion. 

How do we know if we're studying in Calgary or Edmonton ? I know 20 students study in Calgary.

Well in my acceptance email it says they will send the Calgary program 'intent to attend' form with my formal admission letter in the mail. 

Well in my acceptance email it says they will send the Calgary program 'intent to attend' form with my formal admission letter in the mail. I'm not sure if this means I'll be in Calgary but I think it does. I am going to call tomorrow and find out. Did your email say anything like that?

Mine says that too! That's why I'm wondering :)

I was also accepted on Monday :) SubGPA 3.99. My understanding about the Calgary location is that all are welcome to apply but the 20 that are chosen have the highest GPAs.

Hi buildingblocks,

I was really curious about how the selection for the Calgary Cohort works so I called Michelle today and she explained to me that the Calgary Cohort is selected based on who fits best. She said if you have a family in Calgary or specific reasons to be in Calgary then that would put you higher on the list. She also said that all people who applied for Calgary Cohort were accepted last year, even if they were originally on a wait list. Hope that helps  :)

Congrats to those accepted in the first round! :D  If anyone has any questions about the Calgary campus, feel free to send me a message (I am just finishing up year 1 in Calgary). We had 22 this year in our cohort and I believe they are looking to add a couple more for your year. I would definitely recommend Calgary!!

Congrats to those accepted in the first round! :D  If anyone has any questions about the Calgary campus, feel free to send me a message (I am just finishing up year 1 in Calgary). We had 22 this year in our cohort and I believe they are looking to add a couple more for your year. I would definitely recommend Calgary!!

Hi Calgary OT! I am definitely looking forward to moving to Alberta this fall for OT. I was wondering what the difference is between the two campuses? Are there different advantages to attending one campus over the other? Or maybe different opportunities? I'm moving from OOP and I can't find information on the Calgary campus besides there being 20 people who get chosen to move to Calgary. 

Hi everyone! I was accepted for first round admissions with an ORPAS subGPA of 3.72…I was wondering if anyone knows when we need to reply back to confirm acceptance to the program? I know in the e-mail it says letters will be sent out outlining all of the details soon, but thought I would ask incase anyone had any more information. Thanks!

Archived