Premed 101 Forums

U Of A's Ot Program 2015: Offers, Rejection, Waitlisted

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my letter in the mail today :D

I was wondering do they confirm they have received our transcripts? I completed my pre-reqs this April and already sent them in, but unsure if they will update me on it or not on receiving them :)

I just asked them this exact question, because I just completed my prereqs in April too and was conditionally accepted.

Here's their response: "Unless you hear from us that your transcript has not been received and/or your prerequisite courses completed, you can be confident that your seat in our program is confirmed. If required, we will follow up in late June to let you know if anything is missing and/or required from you."

I emailed the U of A asking when the next round of offers would be sent out and they replied that I was placed on the waitlist and that they had sent the email at the end of April. I had never received this email so for those of you that haven't heard anything maybe try contacting them in case your admission email got lost!

I emailed the U of A asking when the next round of offers would be sent out and they replied that I was placed on the waitlist and that they had sent the email at the end of April. I had never received this email so for those of you that haven't heard anything maybe try contacting them in case your admission email got lost!

Did they tell you when the next round of offers was going out?

BTW I got an email today reminding me to send my transcripts because I'm on the waiting list haha. 

I think they already sent all the offers, and now it's just dependent on if people reject their seat. My friend that got accepted in April got her official email from UofA's grad studies department a few days ago. Also, her email asks that if she chooses to decline her seat to please contact them immediately for consideration of the applicants on the waitlist. 

Hey everyone! 

Not sure if the offers have gone out yet for the Calgary cohort, but I'm currently finishing up my 2nd year of the OT program in Calgary and am looking for a roommate. For those who are coming to Calgary feel free to contact me for more info if interested!

Thanks!

Got my official letter (email) from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and my beartracks has finally changed from 'pending application' to 'accepted'! I know we are not supposed to register in any classes yet, so I started making a draft schedule and it appears we have 6 classes and 3 labs the first semester (granted, this could be wrong since we haven't be told the exact classes we need, I was going off of what the school website said). The classes look awesome though, I'm so excited! 

Has anyone been accepted off of the wait list yet?

The email they sent out indicated that last year they were able to admit almost all of the students from the wait list by September, but I haven't heard anything about it moving.

I emailed them to ask them where I was on the list and they told me I was on top 1/4 of the list and I got the email about a week ago.

I am not 100%sure how my GPA was calculated as I took a couple extra courses here and there because I graduated last year but... If I calculated right it should be around 3.67?

I did research in rehab for about 4 years and had a few leadership positions and a few other volunteer positions. Got to shadow a OT and PT for a couple months. I think that's about it!

Ahh by the time I got through they wouldn't give out position info anymore. :( thanks for sharing and congrats again!

I also asked for my approximate position on the waitlist and they said they werebt able to disclose that information :( it's frustrating!

Archived