Premed 101 Forums

April 20Th Support Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably be checking hourly throughout the course of my work day. Surprisingly (or perhaps not), I've been losing a decent amount of sleep over the last few days with the impending April 20th notification getting ever closer. I'm sure others are feeling similarly...

Also, echoing lacigolonumml with feeling less positive the further away from MMI day we go... much more on the negative side these last couple of weeks.

I didn't even get an email that they were releasing early, so it's a sign that I've already been rejected lol. I'm probably just gonna check my email as usual when I'm at work. If I don't get in, I'll just have to crack open my books again and sign up for the MCAT ????

@mab1989

Did you also interview @ UofA? Maybe they crossed check their lists and only sent out 1 copy of the joint e-mail to people interviewed at both schools.

On topic, I'll be home, reading, playing the piano until I get my e-mail.

I got both. Having said that, I don't think it means anything mab. If anything you could think, they didn't bother sending you because the notice is for people who need to rewrite the MCAT ;)

I didn't even get an email that they were releasing early, so it's a sign that I've already been rejected lol. I'm probably just gonna check my email as usual when I'm at work. If I don't get in, I'll just have to crack open my books again and sign up for the MCAT

Hey before the interview they sent everyone an email (forget what it was) but I never got it. Still got an invite. Don't worry about it their system just doesn't always work I guess!

I am 99% sure I will be rejected. Yet the 1% of hope is making me so anxious ahaha. How do you make a long week go by fast?

Same. I have accepted the rejection, but deep down, there's that tiny glimmer of hope. I just have a hard time grasping the idea that I can be in the Top 200. I know some brilliant people, and things they have achieved (academically and non-academically), and feel like I am no where close to that. 

I have a final exam that day in the afternoon, so I will be disabling notifications on the gmail app. Write my final and then check in isolation. Then, I'll let my close friends and family (they think it's May 14th, haha) know...regardless of the outcome. 

Same. I have accepted the rejection, but deep down, there's that tiny glimmer of hope. I just have a hard time grasping the idea that I can be in the Top 200. I know some brilliant people, and things they have achieved (academically and non-academically), and feel like I am no where close to that.

I have a final exam that day in the afternoon, so I will be disabling notifications on the gmail app. Write my final and then check in isolation. Then, I'll let my close friends and family (they think it's May 14th, haha) know...regardless of the outcome. 

LOL please!

Also, i appreciate that you'll tell me. We'll check together in a certain computer lab that we both like :) 

Don't sell yourself short! I am rooting for you. ????

I'm probably going to isolate myself as well, and just hope for the best. If i don't get in i'll sit with my failure/accomplishment of making it thus far in terms of interview and stuff, and just reflect. I can't be mad, only grateful and happy for the opportunity. 

..but....if i do get an acceptance... In one moment, my whole life will change, I don't know when the moment will be, but i really do hope its one week from today. 

I have such mixed emotions, sometimes i feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment, and other times for reality. 

Good luck to all of you, we all made it to the interviews because we all deserve a spot!

I'm going to try to work from home that day so I don't have to deal with coworkers.  I might try to stay up super late and work Sunday night so that I can sleep through most of Monday.  Or I will just binge watch something on Netflix and not do any work at all.

Does anyone else feel that they'd release the emails on Friday instead? From my past experience with a few rejection emails, I'd personally prefer Friday so I have the weekend to celebrate or cry and reflect. Monday would affect my whole week.

i think its possible but unlikely. they said in the email that they would let us know on april 20th, not by april 20th. but i agree it would be awesome if they did send it early  :)

Archived