Premed 101 Forums

Are Interviewees Observed Outside Of Interviews?

Hmm I said a few swear words when talking to another interviewee on the tour, I don't know if any med students were around to hear it. And I told a funny story that can be connected to underage drinking to another interviewee and med student...(seems so dumb now but they all laughed at the time and I thought it was no big deal until now). So right now every time I think about it I cringe a bit. 

Hmm I said a few swear words when talking to another interviewee on the tour, I don't know if any med students were around to hear it. And I told a funny story that can be connected to underage drinking to another interviewee and med student...(seems so dumb now but they all laughed at the time and I thought it was no big deal until now). So right now every time I think about it I cringe a bit. 

lol don't worry I did the same! I was kinda goofing around with the med students and interviewees in the 3 minute breaks between stations, now I'm getting all paranoid over it. 

Not for med school as far as I know. For residency, yes.

Yup. Med admissions are pretty objective and clear-cut... I'd bet that nothing besides the actual interview will be considered for admissions purposes. 

For residency... something you might have said in the hospital hallway while walking by a consultant/resident/PD can count against you kill your application at that school and whichever others hear about it (small specialities especially talk to each other). :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived