Premed 101 Forums

Psa Decisions Date For Waitlisted Interviews And Med-P

oshaku

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably because they'd have to compare our performance with all the wait listed people from the Feb interviews.

I wish it could be sooner too. Major life decisions will just have to resume holding pattern for another few weeks (unless the decision is another wait list *sigh*)

• 2 weeks later...

oh yeah... should've specified that we're in the university group.  Med-P should still expect it to be on may 14.  There's more interviewees to evaluate from med-P.

I'm curious to know if that means that those who were waitlisted post-interview will get their ranks soon.

probably.  Considering other schools are sending out their decisions soon/have sent out their decisions, waitlist movement should also begin soon.

oh yeah... should've specified that we're in the university group.  Med-P should still expect it to be on may 14.  There's more interviewees to evaluate from med-P.

probably.  Considering other schools are sending out their decisions soon/have sent out their decisions, waitlist movement should also begin soon.

Waitlist page changed on the McGill website so they may be in the process of updating it. http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied/waitlist-post-interview

I heard a couple weeks back that McGill had apparently kept some spots open for WL-for-interview interviewees. Today may be the day where they give out those acceptances. The others may have their scores compared to the current WL interviewees with the results released on the 14th? Just a hypothesis since no one said that they got a rejection or a WL today.

edit: i want to emphasize the "I heard". I can't confirm whether it is true or not...people say a lot of things lol

I heard a couple weeks back that McGill had apparently kept some spots open for WL-for-interview interviewees. Today may be the day where they give out those acceptances. The others may have their scores compared to the current WL interviewees with the results released on the 14th? Just a hypothesis since no one said that they got a rejection or a WL today.

edit: i want to emphasize the "I heard". I can't confirm whether it is true or not...people say a lot of things lol

Yeah, I also read that McGill kept some spots open for the pre-interview WL applicants (IP). However, I think McGill had to compare their scores to those who are on the post-interview WL in order to give them offers. So I think the WL ranks will be out sooner than expected...probably this week...idk though, just speculating.

Archived