Premed 101 Forums

need advice

Guest asmain

Guest asmain

I have finished my B.A couple of years ago and I wanted to go to med school, but because of my low GPA I gave that idea. Hover recently I have been thinking of doing another degree to bring up my GPA, has anyone taking this route and what advice can anyone offer me. Also I was reading some where that Mac accepts college grades, because I have don't a Post Graduate diploma where I got very good GPA.

thank you.

Guest pasoo

hi there,

Ive never been in your situation before so I cant really give you any advice...but I can clarify one thing:

Although McMaster requests that you forward all post secondary education transcripts from colleges, pre-uni programs, etc.., McMaster does NOT look at your college grades etc. for the purposes of GPA calculation... (well, unless your from the states, and you attended a college which is really a university, but you get my drift :)

The only grades McMaster will look at are those from courses taken at an accredited UNIVERSITY.

Moreover, Mac takes into account ALL courses ever taken...meaning if you apply to Mac, they will calculated the GPA using the courses you took for your B.A., as well as any other courses you may be taking right now.

If your B.A. GPA is pretty dismal, then perhaps you should persue another degree, and apply to other Canadian med schools where they emphasize your best years, or your most recent years.

Good luck!

Archived