Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not sure if I should get the news tomorrow or wait until after my exams are over on the 14th... I'm not sure if the suspense or the result will kill me more when it comes to exam prep.

Whoa you still have exams? Good luck man! And see if you can control yourself but if it ends up keeping you from studying, I'd say go ahead and check.

I'm just not sure if I should get the news tomorrow or wait until after my exams are over on the 14th... I'm not sure if the suspense or the result will kill me more when it comes to exam prep.

When did your semester end for you to still have exams? Ours wrapped up three weeks ago.

T-21 hours! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!1111

I alternate between feeling like a soldier walking off to the battefield and a kid going on the most awesome roller coaster.

My plan is to turn my phone off tonight or deactivate the email and check my account on my laptop tomorrow at around noon. My mom is going to be near me this time to provide some much needed support. I figure I will have heard back from all of the schools by then (not too sure about Mac though, but I know that if I get accepted here, they'll send me an email in the morning). Hoping for a smooth day tomorrow!   

Haha all of you who who say you're going to wait till afternoon to check, unless you've done it before, all I have to say is good luck.

Or maybe I really do have no will power but there is no way I would have actually followed through with that.

When I was waiting for decisions, I went for a walk hoping that when I came back, all the schools I had applied to would have sent a response. Well, I started the walk to early, walked too fast, and came back before even a single school had given me an answer!

Tomorrow is nerve-wracking, no way around it :P

All I can say is best of luck to everyone, and know that regardless of what happens tomorrow, you are all awesome people who have awesome lives ahead of you :)

Thanks everyone on this forum for making this long process a little more endurable. I didn't have any close friends reapplying this cycle with me so if it weren't for this forum, I think I would have went kinda crazy haha. I really appreciate this opportunity of going through this journey with you guys. Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Haha all of you who who say you're going to wait till afternoon to check, unless you've done it before, all I have to say is good luck.

Or maybe I really do have no will power but there is no way I would have actually followed through with that.

I'm already reconsidering it...

all the best to you all tomorrow. Back in my day.....I actually had to wait for the mail to determine if I got in or not.....the year I got in, the envelope was stamped on the back in red with  "reply requested" so I pretty much knew I was accepted without even opening up the rather big thick envelope.  Staring at the letter certainly made up for 4 years of rejections.

I still remember that feeling like it was yesterday!! :) The best day ever, after my wedding day and of course having my daughter.  

I just checked my email and I had a mini heart attack when I saw an email titled "waitlist notification", thankfully, it was only for Respiratory Therapy at Michener, which had a brutal MMI by the way.

My biggest fear tomorrow is telling my family and friends the outcome. I have so many people at the ED where I volunteer telling me not to worry and that an acceptance is certain, but I'll feel horrible if I let them down. It's somewhat comforting to see that there are other people experiencing the same rollercoaster of thoughts and emotions as I am, but I guess no matter what happens we just have to remember that each school interviewed us because they could foresee our success in medical school :)

We're hours away!

I seriously hope I'll be seeing several of you in Hamilton this fall. If I get in, I'm totally having a PM101 barbecue sometime in August.

We're all on the edge of a grand adventure. We have all gotten so far and worked so hard to get here. Tomorrow will mark the start of another journey for some of us, but will be a day of growth for all of us.

Good luck everyone!

OK here's my story for tomorrow.  The school band I direct is performing in a competition, so I am giving my phone to the other chaperone teacher with strict instructions not to let me have it until after we perform.  I don't think I can make it through the full day, but at least this way I won't let it get in the way of the kids having the best experience possible.

So I won't be checking in until later in the day.  I just wanted to wish everyone the best for tomorrow.

P

I've been flipping between convinced im getting accepted to convinced im getting rejected, to convinced the sky is red.

I go from "I'm definitely not getting in" to "maaaaybe I have some hope" back to "nah, I'm never getting in."

We'll all know within the next 19 hours one way or the other. Good luck to all and to all a good night.

I go from "I'm definitely not getting in" to "maaaaybe I have some hope" back to "nah, I'm never getting in."

We'll all know within the next 19 hours one way or the other. Good luck to all and to all a good night.

Technically less for Mac, Birdy. 

I know last year was wonky for mac, but by and large their results are out by the morning. So it's more like 12 hours really. 

Technically less for Mac, Birdy. 

I know last year was wonky for mac, but by and large their results are out by the morning. So it's more like 12 hours really.

Within 19 to take into account the other schools. We'll all know by then. I already warned my boss I won't get a damn thing done tomorrow morning. I love my boss. She understood completely.

Archived