Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha :) I took vacation this week specifically just to be off today to make sure I was around for this. Congrats!

Thanks! I should have taken a vacation day. Haven't gotten a thing done this morning!

So am I invited to the barbecue? haha

Haha, of course.

I was actually serious about that. Once we get settled, I'll be havin a "get to know my classmates" barbecue.

Maritimers feed people. It's what we do. I'll bring a bit of the good old fashioned kitchen party to Hamilton.

I haven't really posted, but I really appreciated the virtual solidarity on here, from other applicants as well as all of the kind words from those who've already been through this stressful experience. 

I was also happy to see so many people get accepted that were echoing my own feelings and anxieties here.  Now, I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow MacMeds, and getting the next part of the journey underday in a few months.  I'm also pleased to see I won't be the only 'mature' student either! :)

Thanks! I should have taken a vacation day. Haven't gotten a thing done this morning!

Haha, of course.

I was actually serious about that. Once we get settled, I'll be havin a "get to know my classmates" barbecue.

Maritimers feed people. It's what we do. I'll bring a bit of the good old fashioned kitchen party to Hamilton.

Got to love that maritime hospitality!

I just got an UofT offer but no attachment...I am scared to be happy. Is this a mistake? Someone? anyone?

I called admissions (out of paranoia) and they said that the offer package would arrive by mail, so I suppose there shouldn't be an attachment! I'm hoping fervently that UofT doesn't retract anything, but I'm cautiously celebrating! :)

I called admissions (out of paranoia) and they said that the offer package would arrive by mail, so I suppose there shouldn't be an attachment! I'm hoping fervently that UofT doesn't retract anything, but I'm cautiously celebrating! :)

how very old school :) Still you got in so nothing to complain about.

THANKS SO MUCH. :)

I intend to make sure of that. :)

I'm so happy to join the awesome group of PM101-ers accepted to Mac this year. Thanks for all the support- this was my 3rd app cycle and a lot of my friends had already gotten in to med school/moved on, so knowing that there were others out there experiencing the agony that is Canadian med school apps was key. 

Also, huge congrats, Birdy!

I'm so happy to join the awesome group of PM101-ers accepted to Mac this year. Thanks for all the support- this was my 3rd app cycle and a lot of my friends had already gotten in to med school/moved on, so knowing that there were others out there experiencing the agony that is Canadian med school apps was key. 

congrats yourself :)

See you in August! Congratulations!

I remember this last year (except it was the 13th). I had to work all day until 6 and don't have internet access at work and then went to a carnival with some friends. Checked my email next to the Ferris wheel with one of my best friends and found out I got into Western. Spent the rest of the carnival kind of in a daze. 

Good luck to everyone!

I remember this last year (except it was the 13th). I had to work all day until 6 and don't have internet access at work and then went to a carnival with some friends. Checked my email next to the Ferris wheel with one of my best friends and found out I got into Western. Spent the rest of the carnival kind of in a daze. 

Good luck to everyone!

sounds like good times - I was stuck at work in a meeting day. Found out at 11am and had to keep a straight face for the next 6 hours and stay on point.

Archived