Premed 101 Forums

May 12 Support Thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year mac's email system crashed, they sent out the acceptances right away, and possibly the rejections, then for wait-lists it started sending out everyones personal info or something so they pulled the plug completely. Then they sent an email to EVERYONE even those rejected saying oops something messed up, wait for an official update! But in the end it was just the wait lists that didn't get sent out till like 3 pm.

The past few years, Mac sent out invites first then waitlists then rejection. Queen's seems to screw theirs up annually. The others I'm not sure about.

often without a predictable pattern - people always want to figure out a pattern of course but often it is just down some trivial random thing.

Maybe I should have my ISP block premed101 for May 12th so that I don't crash the website or drive myself crazy.. :)

That's actually a really good idea. I plan to do that in two weeks, or just not come on the site at all. I remember how awful it was last year to see people posting about their acceptances right away in the morning, getting my hopes up as I waited, waited and waited, only to receive a rejection in the afternoon 

Anyone already looking for housing before hearing an actual answer from the schools? I want to start doing my research but I know getting excited about places to live would make rejections feel even worse haha. Last year I was looking into furniture and decor I wanted to have in my place if I made it in and then... nope... haha

Anyone already looking for housing before hearing an actual answer from the schools? I want to start doing my research but I know getting excited about places to live would make rejections feel even worse haha. Last year I was looking into furniture and decor I wanted to have in my place if I made it in and then... nope... haha

Guilty haha. Especially condo shopping. I get really into it then 4 hours later I realize I may have just been looking at all that for nothing

Yep. Already have an idea where we'll live, what we can expect to pay for what we want and what school my kids will go to. Basically I'm ready to just hit the first domino if I'm accepted. Have to be. Funny that the rent for houses in Hamilton isn't that bad compared to Charlottetown.

I feel ya, my coworkers through the grape vine heard about the interview and now i'm really feeling the pressure! I wasn't nervous about it until everyone started asking me about it! I need to live in a hole for the next two weeks

I feel ya too mate. Luckily I'm working in a lab this summer so I'm probably gonna shut myself in the tissue culture facility until beyond May 12. 

That sounds like psychological torture lol

I'm planning my life as if I'm rejected (i.e. found thesis supervisor for next year)

Today, I started watching 2015 admissions videos to all the schools, even ones I didn't interview at. Couldn't find a couple though.

Not exactly the best past-time but got me through today. Now to tackle tomorrow.

I watched a bunch of the 2015 ones not too long ago too. Tomorrow you can watch past years' videos! I think the best I've seen is Schulich's 2012 and 2013 so you can start there :P

Archived