Premed 101 Forums

Earliest We Would Hear Back For Waitlisted Applicants

• 3 weeks later...

In the acceptance letter, Dalhousie specifies that you are not allowed to hold a seat at more than one university for over 48 hours (they threaten to withdraw your acceptance if you do this). So I'd imagine they need to inform Dalhousie one way or another by Thursday. Who knows when admissions will get around to calling those on the waitlist, though. Hopefully ASAP but I would guess it's not going to happen until next week.

In the acceptance letter, Dalhousie specifies that you are not allowed to hold a seat at more than one university for over 48 hours (they threaten to withdraw your acceptance if you do this). So I'd imagine they need to inform Dalhousie one way or another by Thursday. Who knows when admissions will get around to calling those on the waitlist, though. Hopefully ASAP but I would guess it's not going to happen until next week.

I guess the problem is that schools from different provinces dont communicate so one can essentially hold multiple offers :(.

Here's a direct quotation from the acceptance letter:

"We recognize that you may receive offers from other medical schools later this year. In that event, you will have 48 hours to decide which offer(s) to decline. Failure to communicate your decision may result in our offer of admission being rescinded. Candidates are not permitted to hold a seat at more than one university for greater than 48 hours. Offers of admission are shared with medical schools across Canada."

I'm not sure if they're bluffing about the last bit, but I doubt anyone would be willing to chance it!

Here's a direct quotation from the acceptance letter:

"We recognize that you may receive offers from other medical schools later this year. In that event, you will have 48 hours to decide which offer(s) to decline. Failure to communicate your decision may result in our offer of admission being rescinded. Candidates are not permitted to hold a seat at more than one university for greater than 48 hours. Offers of admission are shared with medical schools across Canada."

I'm not sure if they're bluffing about the last bit, but I doubt anyone would be willing to chance it!

When I was accepted to Dal first and then MUN, I called Dal to ask about this 48 hour deal, and they said that it only actually applied once you paid the deposits for both schools. So I only paid the deposit at Dal and waited for about a week (since I had 14 days to respond) before responding to MUN! When I read the 48 hour thing at first, I was shocked and worried about making a big decision that quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived