Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support Thread

One way to monitor the potential waitlist movement might be to try and use the FB group size as an index of how many people are firmly accepting Alberta. I'm not in the group so I can't check, but if there are, say 150 members with 20 upper years, that would indicate about 80 "filled" spots with about another 30 to go. Obviously that is a very unscientific measurement, but maybe it is something else to obsess about  :P

Anyway I'll be declining my offer in favour of western, so there's one additional spot.

Me neither. So all the waitlist offers have been sent out I guess?

Nope! They have to wait until June 5th to hear back from first batch of WLers. There will be people who are giving up spots for another school so just wait and love will come if it's meant to come. So work hard now, take time off next Friday, and refresh the **** out of your emails that day! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update. I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I have already accepted a position at Calgary, but Edmonton is my hometown...so I have some major decision making to do by July 7. Either way, there will be at least one more waitlist movement at one of the Alberta schools :)

Archived