Premed 101 Forums

Kinesiology/Human Kinetics grads??

Guest KineticsChick

Guest KineticsChick

Hi I am looking for the profiles of individuals who have gained med admittance with an undergrad in HK or Kinesiology.

Thanks!!

Kin Chick

Guest jmh2005

I have a B.Kin. from Mac, then did another degree in OT before getting into Med...there are a handful of Kin's who just did Kin prior to getting in! It can be done! Good luck!

Guest mitchie41

There's lots of people in meds from Kinesiology.

My old family doctor did his bachelors in that field before entering medicine.

And he mentioned that there were a few people in his class that studied kinesiology.

Guest macMDstudent

I am another kin grad (Waterloo), and I graduated back in 1991. Immediately after that, I did my Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, graduating in 1995. After working for 7 years as a chiropractor, I got the itch to try something new, so here I am studying medicine and loving it!

Guest bearman14

Hey

I did my B.Sc. and M.Sc. in KNES at U of C. No better non-med program than kinesiology, as far as I'm concerned :) I'll be heading to McGill this fall.

Bearman

Guest jmh2005

Asmain.

All your university courses (undergrad courses) are counted towards your GPA at McMaster. When I did OT it was still and undergrad degree, I have a BHScOT...so yes, all 6 of my years (actually 7 years, as my OT degree was 3 years of work condensed into 2 calendar years) counted towards my GPA plus some summer courses I completed along the way as well.

Now that OT and PT are pretty much grad programs across this province at least, these courses would no longer be considered in the same light. Please refer to McMaster's web site regarding how they calculate GPA for Grad students. Take care.

Archived