Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty certain they only sent out waitlist offers to those with 3.98-3.99 GPA in the current interview group which will be a very small fraction of those who will be accepted off the waitlist. In previous years they went all the way down to 3.88 then back up to 4.0 and all the way to 3.91. Some years they even went to the following interview group and admitted people with 3.98. So just because you weren't called yesterday doesn't mean your chances are slim. I am now realizing how much paper work there is for Chantal and the other admins to keep track of and I am not surprised they are taking this long. They probably want to ensure all those who did accept have all the correct paper work in. There is a big wave coming as confirmed by Ottawa. So at this point, I'd still be optimistic :) I know the wait is painful, but it'll soon be over.

So does that mean that for the waitlist this year they will NOT be going through all the wGPAs for a given interview category...e.g. as low as 3.70 (or whatever the cutoff is for this year)...I really hope that that's not the case :mellow:

I hope they consider all the wGPAs for each interview category :)

Yes, I've just never really seen anyone with a wGPA that low accepted, but if he/she is in that interview group, then according to their admission policies, they would get accepted. The point I was trying to make was that there wasn't much movement yet and to not lose hope.

Do you guys think this year was more competitive than other years? I'm just trying to gauge the sort of movement we're going to see here...I just wonder because I know that in Alberta, where the new 2015 MCAT is now mandatory, the applicant numbers shot up quite a lot. Apparently there is going to be very little movement on their waitlists, according to one of the secretaries in the U of C admissions office. I know the new mcat isn't required in Ontario for the next round of applications but I wonder if there is a similar trend across Canada

Do you guys think this year was more competitive than other years? I'm just trying to gauge the sort of movement we're going to see here...I just wonder because I know that in Alberta, where the new 2015 MCAT is now mandatory, the applicant numbers shot up quite a lot. Apparently there is going to be very little movement on their waitlists, according to one of the secretaries in the U of C admissions office. I know the new mcat isn't required in Ontario for the next round of applications but I wonder if there is a similar trend across Canada

Interesting point bringing up the 2015 MCAT. But how does that translate into less waitlist movement? The number of applicant numbers increase, but the numbers interviewed is roughly the same, and so should be the size of the waitlist. Just curious.

Well I got an email from Chantal today at 2:58 asking me to contact her as soon as possible, but that she would be gone for the day at 3:00 haha. She's also away on Mondays, but hopefully this means good news soon. I'd imagine a large batch should come out on Tuesday when she returns.

Edit: 3.945 wGPA for anyone who is wondering

Well I got an email from Chantal today at 2:58 asking me to contact her as soon as possible, but that she would be gone for the day at 3:00 haha. She's also away on Mondays, but hopefully this means good news soon. I'd imagine a large batch should come out on Tuesday when she returns.

Edit: 3.945 wGPA for anyone who is wondering

I got an email at 2:50 pm also asking me to contact her as soon as possible. I figured I would go to the admissions office in person but there really wasn't anyone in between 3:00 and 4:00 pm.

wGPA: 3.96

Is it weird someone with WGPA 3.945 was contacted at 2:50 and then 3.967 at 3:55??

Yeah, it either means they went to the next interview score  or they just have a list of ppl that they want to send emails and they do it without any ranking system. 

Yeah, it either means they went to the next interview score  or they just have a list of ppl that they want to send emails and they do it without any ranking system. 

It's also weird though because there was no-one in the office right before 4:00 pm and Chantal was at a meeting.

It's also weird though because there was no-one in the office right before 4:00 pm and Chantal was at a meeting.

I know that for my email (hotmail), the time stamp is one hour ahead. So if it says I got something at 3:55pm, it actually means 2:55pm. Maybe its just my account. And so then this situation would make sense.

Seems like quite a bit of movement already! Hope there will still be a lot of movement this coming week. :(

I would expect movement to resume on Tuesday since Chantal is out of office on Monday (I got an automated reply saying she will be back Tuesday).

Archived