Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

Congrats student_8! Thanks for the motivating post.

Anyone have any insight into how much more movement we should realistically expect? I'm still waiting and have a low wGPA of 3.913. I don't think there's much of a chance me for me now, but would appreciate any information from current/past waitlisters?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats student_8! Thanks for the motivating post.

Anyone have any insight into how much more movement we should realistically expect? I'm still waiting and have a low wGPA of 3.913. I don't think there's much of a chance me for me now, but would appreciate any information from current/past waitlisters?

I'm in the same boat... good waitlist with wGPA of 3.911...

Happy for student_8 but there go all my hopes and dreams =(

I feel like they shouldn't tell us we are good waitlisted if there is little to no chance that they will reach us on the list! 

Gets our hopes up for nothing...

The thing is last year they finished the first round of waitlist offers on 28/29 of may, whereas this year it took them till June 2nd to send the first round of waitlist offers . I think because of this delay we need to wait  a bit longer for the next round of offers (if there is any)

There should still be a bit of movement for the next 1-2 weeks according to previous years. After that maybe a few more spots (5-10 max) will be available due to people deferring their admission and getting into an OOP school. But again, this is just speculation based on previous years.

Do you guys think they put more than two interview scores in the good waitlist category?

Yes. In previous years they did. Also, in previous years by this time they would already be well into the 2nd interview group, whereas this year they are still in the first waitlist group. So maybe there were more people who scored well this year and so there may be 2 interview groups.

Yes. In previous years they did. Also, in previous years by this time they would already be well into the 2nd interview group, whereas this year they are still in the first waitlist group. So maybe there were more people who scored well this year and so there may be 2 interview groups.

Thanks :) I see, cause last year they went to only two groups so I was wondering whether that's the case or not. 

I have never seen anyone post with a wGPA of 4 or 3.99 that has not gotten in. Probably because there are only 2 interview groups in the good waitlist category. I still strongly believe that this is true. I have read every waitlist thread on here since 2002. I know that we cannot take the forum for truth but it does tell us something.

I have never seen anyone post with a wGPA of 4 or 3.99 that has not gotten in. Probably because there are only 2 interview groups in the good waitlist category. I still strongly believe that this is true. I have read every waitlist thread on here since 2002. I know that we cannot take the forum for truth but it does tell us something.

Actually that's not necessarily true. Firstly, we don't know if the good waitlist is made up of 1 or 2 or 3 interview scores or if it's made up of the top X number of candidates that did not get an offer (high waitlist). I believe that it's actually the latter. They say that they put everyone onto one list and it just makes more sense to take the top X number of candidates than to say these two interview groups will make up good waitlist and the other lower ones will be bad. What if 2 interview groups aren't enough for a good waitlist and 3 would be way too many? A 2003 official email from the faculty mentioned that the top 150 that did not get offered will be good waitlisted and so this supports the latter more than the former. In fact, from my browsing of previous years, I did see people with 3.97-4.00 that were not accepted (I believe in 2012).

I am not trying be discouraging. On the contrary, I like to be optimistic as I've shown this entire thread. The above is just something that I found and I am trying to provide the good waitlisters with as much information to hopefully accurately judge their chances. As I've mentioned before, there is still plenty of time to get an offer and people have received offers all the way into late June in the past.  

Actually that's not necessarily true. Firstly, we don't know if the good waitlist is made up of 1 or 2 or 3 interview scores or if it's made up of the top X number of candidates that did not get an offer (high waitlist). I believe that it's actually the latter. They say that they put everyone onto one list and it just makes more sense to take the top X number of candidates than to say these two interview groups will make up good waitlist and the other lower ones will be bad. What if 2 interview groups aren't enough for a good waitlist and 3 would be way too many? A 2003 official email from the faculty mentioned that the top 150 that did not get offered will be good waitlisted and so this supports the latter more than the former. In fact, from my browsing of previous years, I did see people with 3.97-4.00 that were not accepted (I believe in 2012).

I am not trying be discouraging. On the contrary, I like to be optimistic as I've shown this entire thread. The above is just something that I found and I am trying to provide the good waitlisters with as much information to hopefully accurately judge their chances. As I've mentioned before, there is still plenty of time to get an offer and people have received offers all the way into late June in the past.  

Oh I see, thanks for the info :)

Sorry if I am giving false information! I am just saying what I think. Doctorfresh also makes a good point.

I used to think the exact same too since I never saw anyone with 4.00 that wasn't accepted, but then I delved deeper in and discovered that in 2012 some weren't admitted.

Ps. congrats on your acceptance!

Just got the email!

Time stamp: 1:07 EST

Stream: French

GPA: 3.75

Interview: didn't feel good - I felt uneasy about many of my answers and didn't take a firm stance on many of the ethical scenarios. I tend to be quite hard on myself though so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Good luck everyone - I had literally given up hope, especially since the French list apparently doesn't move much..and my GPA is on the low end.. but then this email rolled in. I know it's hard but keep your hopes up!

Just got the email!

Interview: didn't feel good - I felt uneasy about many of my answers and didn't take a firm stance on many of the ethical scenarios. I tend to be quite hard on myself though so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Good luck everyone - I had literally given up hope, especially since the French list apparently doesn't move much..and my GPA is on the low end.. but then this email rolled in. I know it's hard but keep your hopes up!

Just got the email!

Wow congrats! See you in September.

Archived