Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also read back in the treads that someone was talking to Chantal on the day of the interview and Chantal told her that the waitlist moves 60 spots. Which makes sense I guess. English stream class of 116, would expect the waitlist to move about half the class.

I also think that the waitlist has only reach the bad waitlist for the french stream. People keep on saying in the past they have reached the bad for the english stream but if you read the past year threads for waitlist back to 2003 their is always people on the good waitlist that dont get in.

Thats pretty encouraging! So we just have to hope we are top ~60 on the waitlist. But with ~140 on the good waitlist thats not terrible! Because if you think about it, how many of those 140 will remove themselves from the waitlist? A pretty big chunk I think! So from that group that is actually remaining (maybe 90? if ~50 remove themselves from the waitlist), the top 60 get an offer

Indeed, the French stream's WL does not move much.

Based on previous years, the french waitlist has actually moved quite a bit (even to the point that someone in 2013 got into the french stream off the bad waitlist). But obviously, every year can be drastically different.

Declining my offer in the French stream (contributing to that small french WL movement) - good luck to all of you!

Thank you! Good luck next year! If you know anyone else who is declining their french uOttawa offer and is not willing to post, maybe you can let us know? :D

Archived