Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisters Unite

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class of 2019 Uof Ottawa medical students Fb group. https://www.facebook...39600486354620/. You can only add yourself to that group if you have been offered admission and have accepted it.

Those numbers are not accurate at all. You don't have to accept the offer from Ottawa to join. You just have to ask to join. Few points about the facebook group:

1. There are about 20 members that are upper year medical students from Ottawa - I know because about 20 of them were added to the group on Sunday before the offers were even released.

2. You can be in that group to ask the upper years questions and i know a few people did not accept the Ottawa offer last year and didn't bother removing themselves from the list.

3. Some people who accept don't join the group

So that group is not a good estimate at all of how many accepted or rejected.

Those numbers are not accurate at all. You don't have to accept the offer from Ottawa to join. You just have to ask to join. Few points about the facebook group:

1. There are about 20 members that are upper year medical students from Ottawa - I know because about 20 of them were added to the group on Sunday before the offers were even released.

2. You can be in that group to ask the upper years questions and i know a few people did not accept the Ottawa offer last year and didn't bother removing themselves from the list.

3. Some people who accept don't join the group

So that group is not a good estimate at all of how many accepted or rejected.

yeah this facebook groups are never good for counting clearly - people are always desperate for information of course so analyze them to death but you cannot get a completely clear answer out of them

Hello there!

Just wanted to let you all know that there will be one more spot available as I declined my acceptance today. Remember you're all amazing and accomplished people no matter what the adcoms say, and you've worked so hard to get to this point. I wish everyone here the best of luck in the future!  :)

Hello there!

Just wanted to let you all know that there will be one more spot available as I declined my acceptance today. Remember you're all amazing and accomplished people no matter what the adcoms say, and you've worked so hard to get to this point. I wish everyone here the best of luck in the future! :)

Good luck next year! can you let us know if you were in the english or french stream?

Archived