Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it is awfully quiet. Just checked the fb group - 140 members (including 3 admins) so there are 34 spots left to fill. Not sure how many ppl are on high priority but I'm beginning to get the feeling that this year won't even dip into normal wait list...

P.S. Any idea of how many ppl are on each waiting list?

Yeah it is awfully quiet. Just checked the fb group - 140 members (including 3 admins) so there are 34 spots left to fill. Not sure how many ppl are on high priority but I'm beginning to get the feeling that this year won't even dip into normal wait list...

P.S. Any idea of how many ppl are on each waiting list?

Sad, I hope not.

I think the consensus is that the high is pretty small, and the normal is much larger. But I don't think the exact numbers are known.

yea, and like i said before, not all those accepted will actually join the fb group but then again there are those in multiple groups, so the actual number of ppl accepted right now might be higher or lower depending on how you want to look at it.

there's some debate about this, many say the high waitlist is around 30, but I think that's being optimistic, I'd say more realistically speaking it's around 50 which would explain why the high waitlist historically clears with some of the normal getting in (since the number of declines is generally ~50-70). The normal waitlist on the other hand can have anywhere between 100-150 people. 

A good friend just got the call! High waitlist has started moving!

By the way shadowstar, do you know what campus was your friend offered to? It would give us an idea of how many spots remain, since the windsor campus has ~38 spots and is usually pretty vacant until it gets filled in by waitlisters.

By the way shadowstar, do you know what campus was your friend offered to? It would give us an idea of how many spots remain, since the windsor campus has ~38 spots and is usually pretty vacant until it gets filled in by waitlisters.

It was London campus so hopefully there are about 40 or more spots left still

Actually I think the facebook group has at least 12 or more current med students in the list (many class of 2018) so it could be that there are around 42 spots left give or take some who haven't joined the group yet/don't have facebook/may decide to go to another med school.

50 on high waitlist seems a bit high to me :S I think it would be less than that because otherwise I doubt even 4 people would post on Premed101 who got off normal waitlist.

I think normal is large but the movement is better than people expect because I'd say estimate 30-50 or more people remove themselves from normal waitlist if they are accepted somewhere else (because they don't know where they stand).

Yes but we don't know how many ppl that were initially accepted even chose Windsor for their primary campus. No way of knowing.

Yes but we don't know how many ppl that were initially accepted even chose Windsor for their primary campus. No way of knowing.

I agree, but waitlist offers always start with London and gradually moves to windsor with the bottom high and regular waitlisters (they basically don't have a choice) since London is the preferred campus for the majority. So the fact that shadowstar's friend got accepted off London is good news, it basically means the 2019 class still has some ways to go before being filled completely.

Yes I've been getting worried too. Wish they'd tell us how many spots are left and/or how many in front of us on the waitlist....  Congrats to everyone accepted! I really hope some of us normal waitlisters will get to be your classmates!

Archived