Premed 101 Forums

2015 Backpack Colour Voting

I really like the purple. Bet the Western students will too, hah.

Still kind of bummed that last fall was my favourite colour.

I love the green. Stands out, looks great.

Western and purple would be nice... but we already wear so much purple gear. Also so many other students on campus have purple backpacks/clothing, so it wouldn't stand out as nicely (ie: I wouldn't be able to pick classmates out of a crowd across campus or while driving past at 60kph ;) )

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the green. Stands out, looks great.

Western and purple would be nice... but we already wear so much purple gear. Also so many other students on campus have purple backpacks/clothing, so it wouldn't stand out as nicely (ie: I wouldn't be able to pick classmates out of a crowd across campus or while driving past at 60kph ;) )

I am still up to my eyeballs in purple :)

Thank God...I am a female medical student and I don't even want to go to the streets with this PINK flashy backpack :(  Imagine for the guys ahahha

I prefer blue, it is a nice neutral colour :)

It's not going to be pink. I talked to the rep when getting my backpack and he said that it was too feminine and they wanted something that everyone would feel comfortable wearing.

I like the teal but I'm guessing it's going to be blue.

Please be teal. Please be teal. Please be teal. But since 2018s have green, I doubt they pick that color. It will be light blue, I bet. I really dislike that brown (pukey) color. Pink and purple are just distractions.  :P

Also, why does it say "doctors of BC"... or is each province having their names on the backpacks this year? 

They always do. Each province has their provincial medical association's logo on it.

Is Ottawa the only school that gets different backpacks? And does anyone know why? Always curious about that...

My understanding is that they don't allow any corporate sponsorship of any sort, and they consider MD Financial to be a company that shouldn't be allowed to influence students even though it's part of the CMA.

My understanding is that they don't allow any corporate sponsorship of any sort, and they consider MD Financial to be a company that shouldn't be allowed to influence students even though it's part of the CMA.

correct!

it is still a for profit entity.

Plus I should say just because it is owned by the CMA doesn't mean you shouldn't also look pretty closely at it prior to choosing them to help manage your investments. I always get kind of worried when a financial company is pushing with all kinds of ads about how they "understand doctors" (what's to understand when you get down to it - we have investments, we want them to make money and at some point have to retire - just like any other independent business owner. There are small things of course but at the core....), how much they should be trusted etc etc. Instead of oh hey look - our return is excellent over the past extended time period :) Don't see a lot of ads from them saying that.

Embrace the sheep!

Heh you'd think it would be a little soon for them to re-do dark blue - we have it and our backpacks are almost the same style as yours.

Teal and purple are both nice.

they have done the dark blue thing a lot - not that I have any say but yeah I think the teal and purple are nice.

and brown.....really?

i feel bad that i'm the only one who isn't totally happy with teal...

I just prefer it to pink - teal isnt bad but it's definitely not the best (or it could've been a better teal). I don't look at these backpacks and think "I love this!" - just see ones I don't like haha.

lol you're not the only one 

I just prefer it to pink - teal isnt bad but it's definitely not the best (or it could've been a better teal). I don't look at these backpacks and think "I love this!" - just see ones I don't like haha

It's just as unbearably bright and flashy as pink, but likely more favoured on a gender-neutrality scale. They weren't the most exciting but few years ago with the dark blue, maroon, grey, etc. were solid enough. More professional, neutral, and similar to bags you could buy elsewhere so more people would wear it. 

Embrace the sheep!

Heh you'd think it would be a little soon for them to re-do dark blue - we have it and our backpacks are almost the same style as yours.

Teal and purple are both nice.

I noticed that with the blue too, but the 2012s had blue as well (though it was the older style) and a shade a green keeps getting selected every ~4 years.

The brown is disgusting. I can't believe it's even there! OH please don't let it be brown - I'd rather wear hot pink than brown.

And they could have picked a much better shade of purple! Teal's the best in these options, but they are all kinda underwhelming.

The brown is disgusting. I can't believe it's even there! OH please don't let it be brown - I'd rather wear hot pink than brown.

And they could have picked a much better shade of purple! Teal's the best in these options, but they are all kinda underwhelming.

They always provide crappy shades of whatever color they choose. 

Archived