Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill - Liste D'attente/ Waiting List

studenten

So there goes that theory. I guess we'll just have to wait. I know two years ago the waitlist almost didn't move at all until mid-June.

Well, that's comforting Mr. 21stGuy. It could be that IP admitted applicants wait until the very last moment to make their choice.

I find it hard not to try to rationalize why it hasn't move yet. I know it is a waste of time, but my mind is ever drawn towards this riddle.

Let's go, 10 days left for mid-June!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone has been talking about IP and the hopeful June 15th date, but how about for OOP? Do you guys think the same applies for that?

Also, I was thinking, do you think that it's possible people have declined but are just further down on the waitlist, but between you and the waitlist? So for ex. if I am #100 and the waitlist is at #2, everyone from #75-99 could have removed themselves without it showing on the waitlist site. Or do you think that minerva would update the cohort number in that case?

Withdrawing from the IP WL (an awful position on the list, by the way) due to accepting an offer from Laval. Good luck to everyone on the list.

And one thought for those rejected or still waiting: never give up, even when it seems this day will never come. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you, I would pay the UofT deposit to secure my spot.

If McGill is your first choice, wait and see what will happen in 1 month and a half. Nobody could predict the waiting list, you could certainly check the stats from the previous years (if McGill published it of course).

Either way, both schools are great. I hope that you will get your first choice school :)

Im a quebec IP accepted to UofT med, gave up hope on the mcgill waitlist but now I'm 5 spots away...not sure what I would do if I got in. Anybody think its likely it'll move 5 spots with a month and a half left?

Archived