Premed 101 Forums

Uwo Acceptance/waitlist/rejected 2019

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waitlisted.
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?) 91% (1 full course load year and 1 year with 8 courses)

DAT score (RC + AA): 22/22
Interview Thoughts: In my opinion, it went relatively well.
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): UG
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Acceptance/Waitlisted/Rejected:   Accepted
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?):  94%  (1 year full course load, 2nd year 8 courses so penalty would've been applied)
DAT score (RC + AA):  24 + 24

Interview Thoughts: Mixed - couldn't answer one question and answered another poorly
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): Undergraduate 
Geography (IP/OOP):  IP

Accepted
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): 3.96 (Full)
DAT score (RC + AA): 21+23
Interview Thoughts: Transferred Scores from Dalhousie
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): UG
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

If I get into Dal, I'll be declining my spot at UWO. Good luck!

Rejected
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): Probably close to 87.5%
DAT score (RC + AA): 22 + 24

Interview Thoughts: I thought I bombed it, I was the last of the day and the interviewers seemed like they wanted to get it over with and go home
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): 1 year out of UG
Geography (IP/OOP): OOP

I applied to do an MBA at Dal. Hopefully I get accepted to that and can improve my GPA and reapply in a year

Acceptance/Waitlisted/Rejected: Accepted

Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): ~94%, full courseload
DAT score (RC + AA): ~25 + 25

Interview Thoughts: Winged it (though this was interview #10 for me so i already had a lot of prep, had above average at uoft dental)
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): UG complete

Result (Accepting/Rejecting): Turning down in favour of medicine, good luck waitlisters!

Acceptance/Waitlisted/Rejected: Waitlisted
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): 90% with full courseload
DAT score (RC + AA): 22 + 21

Interview Thoughts: it went alright! It's so hard to tell really
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): completed undergrad at Western last year

Acceptance/Waitlisted/Rejected: Waitlisted
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): I have no clue, I haven't calculated it but I had ~3.92ish on OMSAS
DAT score (RC + AA): 21 + 20

Interview Thoughts: I thought it went really well. I was just myself and I couldn't have asked for a better interview or interviewers!

Result (Accepting/Rejecting): Not sure yet

Accepted

Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): 90% full

DAT score (RC + AA): 24 RC + 23 AA

Interview Thoughts: Average at best since I felt I stumbled on two questions. Overall, however, I stuck to my "formula" for handling the questions. 
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): UG + MSc

Result (Accepting/Rejecting): Accepting

Rejected
Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): 88.2% (3 of 4 semesters were full course load)

Interview Thoughts: Thought it went okay, but interviewers were stone cold.....and I didn't have a senior dental student as promised
Year (UG, Masters, PhD): Completed 2 undergrad degrees

Already been accepted to a couple schools in the states, so I will be attending Temple University in Philadelphia

Hi guys,

I'm applying for this upcoming cycle and I was just wondering if you guys have any information regarding schulichs policy on how many first year courses you're allowed to take. I know that on their site they say that "it is suggested" for upper years to have 4/5 courses at the 2nd year or above level, but in my two years being considered (3rd and 4th years), for my 3rd year I have 3.5/5 at the 2nd year or above level, and in my fourth year I have 4.5/5 at the 2nd year or above level...do you think this will be an issue for them? 

Accepted!! May 15

Best 2-year GPA 90.4% (full course load)

DAT score (RC + AA): 20 + 22

Interview Thoughts: felt good about 3/7 and everything else was up in the air. The interviewers were very warm and friendly. I felt comfortable.

Year (UG, Masters, PhD): Post UG

Geography (IP/OOP): Ip

Accepted!
Best 2-year GPA: 94+ (full course load)
DAT score (RC + AA): 22 + 25

Interview Thoughts: N/A (transferred "Average" UofT score... which I though went horrendously?)
Year: UG (as of June 2015)
Geography: IP

Result: Pending (decision making is hard.)

Hi guys,

I'm applying for this upcoming cycle and I was just wondering if you guys have any information regarding schulichs policy on how many first year courses you're allowed to take. I know that on their site they say that "it is suggested" for upper years to have 4/5 courses at the 2nd year or above level, but in my two years being considered (3rd and 4th years), for my 3rd year I have 3.5/5 at the 2nd year or above level, and in my fourth year I have 4.5/5 at the 2nd year or above level...do you think this will be an issue for them? 

My 2 years that were considered (1st and 2nd year) absolutely did not have enough 2nd year +courses, I did meet the requirement in my last 2 years but they were much lower GPA wise. I'm not entirely sure if you need the requirement in your 3/4th years,  but I can at least say that you can get in with 2 years that just had 1st/2nd year courses.

Rejected

Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload or not?): 88.2% (3 of 4 semesters were full course load)

Interview Thoughts: Thought it went okay, but interviewers were stone cold.....and I didn't have a senior dental student as promised

Year (UG, Masters, PhD): Completed 2 undergrad degrees

Already been accepted to a couple schools in the states, so I will be attending Temple University in Philadelphia

Do you know if we are rejected, is there any way that we can get our interview score, or at least know why they rejected someone? (for example, if the gpa was low, or the interview score was below average or something like that.) because registrar office said there is no way that they can tell someone why, and also they won't say what was the cut off.

Accepted off the waitlist today! :D

Best 2-year GPA (with full courseload): 89%
DAT score (RC + AA): 22 + 20

Interview Thoughts: Went okay/well enough, but I got a bit flustered on one of the traditional questions.

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, and often felt discouraged because of everyone's impressive high stats, but I decided to create an account & post mine to encourage others to never lose hope in chasing your dream! Best of luck to everyone!

Best 2-year GPA (with full course load): 88%

DAT score (RC + AA): 21 + 21

Interview Thoughts: Thought it went great compared to U of T

Year (UG, Masters, PhD): Finished 1 year masters program

Congrats. Clinging to my phone so hard here  :D . hope more wait-list movements happen soon.

Archived