Premed 101 Forums

For Them Waitlisters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking through old waitlist threads, because you know, that's what we on the waitlist do, and I'm not seeing a real pattern with the waves. Also, people have gotten emails past 5 PM, which seems odd to me. Maybe the admissions office works late during waitlist season? Anyways, how's everyone passing the time? Anyone see Guardians?

Let's hope for a wave today, people!

(Also, sorry if seeing the waitlist thread pop up gives anyone a heart attack! I know it would for me!)

If you want to look through old waitlist threads, you could estimate the chances of getting off the waitlist by looking at what happened to people who posted that they were on the waitlist *before* people started getting offers off the waitlist in a given year. This avoids the bias that people are more likely to post if they get an offer, although there may be other biases.

I've counted 16 people that have either posted on the accepted/rejected/waitlist thread OR have posted here (this year) so I've assumed that means they're on it unless otherwise indicated. What sucks is this means nothing because for all I know the list has 100 people and 84 of them just aren't posting lol. Also, NotADoctor2017 I saw Guardians! Looooved it! 

greensurR, I agree with you. It will be useful to see posts about waitlist offers going out, but ultimately does not change that I don't know when/if I'll get an offer myself. It may actually just make me feel worse if it turns out that I'm far down the list at Mac and see loads of offers going out without me. Anyway, my fate is in the hands of the MD Admissions team, and only they know the truth about my future.

I also agree that the new Guardians movie was fantastic.  :D

Result: Accepted off the waitlist today! (Niagara Campus)

The initial email came in around 11:30 am

cGPA: 3.76

MCAT: CARS 127

ECs: 16 yrs of experience in health care (community health centres and hospital) as a social worker, writer, mosaic artist

Interview: felt OK. I don't think I bombed any stations, something reasonably intelligent to say at each station, some stations felt stronger than others, some stations dealt with issues/scenarios that I am very familiar with

CASPER: felt great about it, a lot to rich opportunities for answers

non traditional applicant

in province

I still can't believe it and am in a dream like state. This was my second attempt and I was waitlisted both times

All the very best to everyone on here

I will be accepting this offer

Result: Accepted off the waitlist today! (Niagara Campus)

The initial email came in around 11:30 am

cGPA: 3.76

MCAT: CARS 127

ECs: 16 yrs of experience in health care (community health centres and hospital) as a social worker, writer, mosaic artist

Interview: felt OK. I don't think I bombed any stations, something reasonably intelligent to say at each station, some stations felt stronger than others, some stations dealt with issues/scenarios that I am very familiar with

CASPER: felt great about it, a lot to rich opportunities for answers

non traditional applicant

in province

I still can't believe it and am in a dream like state. This was my second attempt and I was waitlisted both times

All the very best to everyone on here

I will be accepting this offer

Congrats NRE!

Hey all :) 

Just out of curiosity, why is it that McMaster is the only Ontario school that sends offers off the waitlist within the ~2 week period from May 9th (I'm not sure if this was the case in previous years as well)? I'm waitlisted at Ottawa and Queens, and I thought several people decline their acceptance offers from these schools as well, so wouldn't it be in Ottawa and Queen's best interest to send early offers as well?

I don't know if they do or do not. It seems to be in both the school and the applicant's interest, if there is a spot, to try and fill it asap, and perhaps with a student that's on multiple wait lists, so the school gets first "dibs" on them.

yeah there is in theory advantage to being first. To prevent admin chaos they generally adhere to some rules ( I mean they all could release admissions on different dates in some scenarios. It would be a huge mess :)

Archived