Premed 101 Forums

For Them Waitlisters

Am I doing my math wrong? People are saying Mac's match results were bad for this year, but when I look at the R-1 match results for 2015 that is posted, 187/203 students matched (16 unmatched)... which is still 92.1%, not that different from say Western (92.3%).

Thats a bad stat haha. Overall national average tends to be 95%. Its not terrible, but it was still the worst one in recent years.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you think though that a few percentage points swing here and there should not make a difference in your school choice? I mean unless there is a consistent underperformance by a medical school the match rate has almost nothing to do with the medical school and more to do with the choices of each cohort. 

I would be surprised if people decided on their school based on one year's match rate. 

Just got off the waitlist! (June 5 @ 11:16 am) and I will be accepting this offer.

I will post my stats on the main accepted/rejected/waitlist post later to help out with the stats. 

It seems the waitlist is still moving. Good luck to the other waitlisters.

Just got off the waitlist! (June 5 @ 11:16 am) and I will be accepting this offer.

I will post my stats on the main accepted/rejected/waitlist post later to help out with the stats. 

It seems the waitlist is still moving. Good luck to the other waitlisters.

Congrats!

For those still on the waitlist, is it safe to assume that it's all over? I mean, most of the waitlist movement has already happened. Or are there any upcoming events that will cause some decent waitlist movement?

Just wanna move on with my life . . . .

For those still on the waitlist, is it safe to assume that it's all over? I mean, most of the waitlist movement has already happened. Or are there any upcoming events that will cause some decent waitlist movement?

Just wanna move on with my life . . . .

I totally get what you mean, its pretty excruciating waiting since March for news. Maybe something tomorrow, I would move on if nothing happens by Monday though. Last year there was one pm101er who posted on June 12th.

• 10 months later...

Bumping last year's thread instead of creating a new one, since there's a lot of good info in here to some common questions

Looks like last year the first waitlist offers were made 9 days after the initial ones (May 12 -> May 21st), and then pretty randomly after that in smaller waves. Also might have been more waitlist movement than usual, but who knows.

Who else is waitlist crew on here??

They definitely reject people.

I would imagine something like:

203 acceptances (+ maybe a few over their total seats?)

~150 waitlist

~200 rejection

All conjecture of course in lieu of any actual data

Looks like last year they went up to position 117 on the waitlist though, according to that AFMC statbook that's been floating around

I assume that most movement occurs between a week and two weeks from now? I think everyone has 2 weeks to accept, so that would be the time when most people with multiple offers would officially decline the others... after that, ughh.

Also, any clue as to the chances of ending up in Hamilton vs. regional off the waitlist??

^Yes, as spots come up, they're offered to the person highest on the waitlist, regardless of campus preference. Eg if a Hamilton spot comes up first, the top person on the waitlist gets offered that spot, even if they had wanted Waterloo or Niagara. 

Annoyingly, this means that someone who came off the wait-list may end up with their 1st choice campus while someone accepted outright would end up at their 2nd/3rd choice.

Archived