Premed 101 Forums

For Them Waitlisters

Does anyone know if accepting an offer outside of Ontario affects waitlists in Ontario? I have an offer from University of Saskatchewan that I need to reply to by May 30th, but I'm on the waitlist for Mac and hoping I'll hear back before then. I've heard the waitlist for Mac often goes into June, and was wondering if accepting my offer to UofS would take me off of Macs waitlist. I appreciate any help :)

No it shouldn't affect your waitlists in Ontario. You'd only be removed from all Ontario waitlists if you accepted an offer from an Ontario school.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if accepting an offer outside of Ontario affects waitlists in Ontario? I have an offer from University of Saskatchewan that I need to reply to by May 30th, but I'm on the waitlist for Mac and hoping I'll hear back before then. I've heard the waitlist for Mac often goes into June, and was wondering if accepting my offer to UofS would take me off of Macs waitlist. I appreciate any help :)

Can confirm it does not! Only if you get an offer from Mac, you need to remove yourself from Sask within 1-2 days after paying your Mac deposit

No it shouldn't affect your waitlists in Ontario. You'd only be removed from all Ontario waitlists if you accepted an offer from an Ontario school.

Can confirm it does not! Only if you get an offer from Mac, you need to remove yourself from Sask within 1-2 days after paying your Mac deposit

Thanks so much!

Chances are, at least one person from PM101 will get off the waitlist in 2 days. The floodgates are opening...

Fingers crossed...!!! Is it safe to assume that majority of the offers to waitlists are made within this week? I know some offers are sent out into mid-June or even later... but the people who are getting offers this or next week are probably going to people who don't have much options in the first place i.e.didn't get accepted into any school outright.. (like myself haha!)

Me too!!! Congrats!

Can't wait to meet you! Congrats! 

Thanks for posting. Out of curiosity, how did you rank Waterloo? And could you post the timestamps?

I ranked Waterloo second! 2:15PM was the time

Was it via email or did they call you?

I got an e-mail from Wendy Edge asking if I was still interested in Mac and then she sent the offer about a half hour later!

hm.... i'm confused as to why they are giving people their second choice so early in the waitlist!

It was probably the first spot that became available. So if they're sending in batches, it doesn't look like they're trying at all to match people to their 1st choice (which probably makes sense, as that would be hard - but good to get some evidence of this).

McMaster sends offers based on the first available spot (ex. if the a Waterloo offer was rejected, then the next person on the wait list receives an Waterloo offer).

I personally like this approach because our regional campuses are great (if not better!). Unfortunately it doesn't take individual preference into account.

Archived