Premed 101 Forums

Western Housing (Ot/pt)

Hey everybody! I decided to make this post to see if anyone who has been accepted into Western for OT (or PT, but I'm in OT) has begun the search for an apartment and is looking for a roommate? If so let me know! I am thinking of going down to London in July at some point to look at places and hopefully secure a lease. If anyone here has some advice for what areas are good/bad or any other pointers that would be greatly appreeciated! I'm super excited to start in September and looking forward to meeting everybody ????

You can't go wrong with London! The majority of your classes will be at Elborn college, which is on the southwest corner of the campus. Because the campus is pretty large, if you want to walk to classes, I would look for a place closest to the intersection of Western and Sarnia. That being said, you get a free bus pass and the london transit service isn't awful. If you were to live downtown its just a 10-15 minute bus ride away from campus, but the busses can sometimes be full in the mornings. Good luck with your search, feel free to PM me with more questions. 

Source: Born and raised in London, UWO undergrad

Anyone knows how hard it is to get a spot in the student residence if you are a graduate student. I know my university was very strict about only letting first year undergrads and internationals into their residence

Also any experiences or process with regards to residence is greatly appreciated

You can't go wrong with London! The majority of your classes will be at Elborn college, which is on the southwest corner of the campus. Because the campus is pretty large, if you want to walk to classes, I would look for a place closest to the intersection of Western and Sarnia. That being said, you get a free bus pass and the london transit service isn't awful. If you were to live downtown its just a 10-15 minute bus ride away from campus, but the busses can sometimes be full in the mornings. Good luck with your search, feel free to PM me with more questions.

Source: Born and raised in London, UWO undergrad

Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind for my house/apartment hunting ????

There is a group for Western PT on Facebook! The name is Western MPT 2015-2017 (Master of Physical Therapy) :). I'll also be looking for a roommate(s) and a place to live. I'm assuming that after the deadline to accept the first round offers of admission (May 29th), there will be much more activity on the Facebook group, especially in regards to people looking for roommates and housing. See you in September! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I also will be going to Western for OT in the fall :) I am beginning to look for places - I have found some postings to live with other students but would prefer to live with people from the OT/PT programs! Was hoping to start looking at places within the next few weeks. I'm also struggling to find the Western OT facebook page as well.... has anyone been able to find it?

Hi there!

I also will be going to Western for OT in the fall :) I am beginning to look for places - I have found some postings to live with other students but would prefer to live with people from the OT/PT programs! Was hoping to start looking at places within the next few weeks. I'm also struggling to find the Western OT facebook page as well.... has anyone been able to find it?

It's UWO OT class of 2017!

Archived