Premed 101 Forums

Parking Near Mac? Not M Lot

You likely won't need to "apply" as such. Just drop by the parking office or do it online http://parking.mcmaster.ca/Online_Permit_Sales.html

Lot M is kind of inconvenient, but it is also huge, and not likely to get full.

EDIT:

The Stadium parking might be more convenient - but it's also more than twice the price (ca. 100/mo), up to you to decide if that is worth it (also, I don't know what availability is like), especially considering that getting to the stadium parking lot is a bit of a PITA during commuter hours. I personally wouldn't and don't think it's worth it. Ward avenue is a slightly longer walk to lot M, and, I don't think there is a shuttle (though it does pass a Starbucks on the way to campus if you want!)

Ward has a shuttle but only during hospital shift change hours so not helpful if you're leaving at noon or coming for a 1:00 pm tutorial. Most drivers suck it up and do the M lot or Ward. You can try and arrange parking with a house with a space but I haven't seen that work with kijiji etc. What HAS worked is get a month of M or Ward, then once school starts and you meet your classmates, ask around or post in the facebook group to see if theres people in the class near campus that don't have a car that you can rent a spot for $20 a month or whatever. There are people in our class who did this.

The main reason I want a parking pass is because I plan to make copious use of the gym... unless there is a gym that has parking which I can just bus to school from? 

WorldGym has a parking lot and is about <5 minutes away by bus, and 16 minutes away walking to the edge of campus. It's also open 24/7 from Monday morning through until Friday at 10pm. Parking can get a bit crazy, but I've never seen it full.

Archived