Premed 101 Forums

Studying Overseas And Applying To Canadian Schools.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure they won't count your grades from first year because if you apply in first year all you have are grades from the previous year.

If you apply in your second year they will count your grades from first year I think, not sure though. Every school is different, some schools may be P/F and i'm not sure what med schools will think of that.

Full disclosure is required, so, yes, you will advise you are attending medical school abroad. If accepted, you need to start all over. There are limited spots, it is much more expensive than for Canadians, and your foreign grades would need to be assessed by WES.

Full disclosure is required, so, yes, you will advise you are attending medical school abroad. If accepted, you need to start all over. There are limited spots, it is much more expensive than for Canadians, and your foreign grades would need to be assessed by WES.

Not necessarily, the OP did not indicate if they are a Canadian citizen/PR or if they are a true foreigner. They could very well be a Canadian who went abroad after HS for the 6 year MD programs.

Your foreign grades will need to be assessed by WES but if its your first year presumably you won't have any grades so essentially its just another application year the only difference is you'll need to check the MD box when they ask you if you are studying MD for OMSAS. 

Archived