Premed 101 Forums

First Aid + Cpr/aed Hcp

Hey everyone, i've never learnt first aid before and i'm wondering if first aid is taught in the McMaster curriculum. First aid is something I want to learn, I know its not required by Mac but if its something that isn't taught by Mac I'll probably take the combined course and learn it. 

So is First aid something that McMaster will teach us during medical school? 

Thanks 

Isn't CPR something you have to get on your own before starting school? I believe theres info on it on their website

Yes i'm going to do the CPR i'm just wondering if I should take First Aid with the CPR even though the first aid is not required. However I only want to take the First aid + CPR course if we aren't going to be learning first aid at Mac. 

Yes i'm going to do the CPR i'm just wondering if I should take First Aid with the CPR even though the first aid is not required. However I only want to take the First aid + CPR course if we aren't going to be learning first aid at Mac. 

First aid is not part of the medical school curriculum as far as I remember. You will learn things that will obviously help in medical emergencies, but it is not geared towards first responder care in the field. I definitely think that it would be helpful (although not required), especially if you have an interest in it. Hope that helps :)

Archived