Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Med Admissions

Maxwe11

Hi, I'm a bit confused with the McGill Medical School admissions - is there a separate English and French stream? If not, are students who are fluent in both French and English at an advantage when applying? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. 

English stream only but they allow you to do your interview and submit all your correspondences in French. No explicit preference over bilingual candidates was mentioned but they do expect all students to have a working knowledge of French by the second year (I think it's second year)

English stream only but they allow you to do your interview and submit all your correspondences in French. No explicit preference over bilingual candidates was mentioned but they do expect all students to have a working knowledge of French by the second year (I think it's second year)

Are you a bilingual applicant ?

Hi, I'm a bit confused with the McGill Medical School admissions - is there a separate English and French stream? If not, are students who are fluent in both French and English at an advantage when applying? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

It would be a disadvantage not to be bilingual at the CaRMS stage.

Archived