Premed 101 Forums

Mccqe Part 1 Failed

I'm sorry for the situation that you're in. In terms of the implications, it's school/program dependent, so you'd be best served by notifying your program and asking them what this means for you.

would they have been notified automatically by LMCC or do I have to let them know? I matched into family medicine in Ontario, I heard all i gotta do is to rewrite. sucks the the new score this year, I woulda have passed with the previous score.

would they have been notified automatically by LMCC or do I have to let them know? I matched into family medicine in Ontario, I heard all i gotta do is to rewrite. sucks the the new score this year, I woulda have passed with the previous score.

Not sure. Best bet would be to tell them. It shows you're proactive.

No impact directly - you will of course have to rewrite. Suck, expensive, ego blow but you don't actually need the exam passed to start residency.

some schools have internal policies - about what you can and cannot do, but that is at a school by school level.

So some people were saying that you need your prescriptions to be co-signed etc. What are some of the limitations on my practice now? I emailed the postgrad office but the person is outta office until Monday so I am dying to know how screwed I am at this point. Thank you for all your time.

For all of those who need to write this exam still, don't worry about it, the reason I failed is because I only studied for 5 days. I didn't even touch medicine and surgery, so if you study for 2-3 weeks and cover all 6 topics you wouldn't be like me  :mad:

PS: Also I am wondering if a request for remark would be a wise decision? Since I am only short of 5 points to pass based on this year's new passing score?

So some people were saying that you need your prescriptions to be co-signed etc. What are some of the limitations on my practice now? I emailed the postgrad office but the person is outta office until Monday so I am dying to know how screwed I am at this point. Thank you for all your time.

For all of those who need to write this exam still, don't worry about it, the reason I failed is because I only studied for 5 days. I didn't even touch medicine and surgery, so if you study for 2-3 weeks and cover all 6 topics you wouldn't be like me  :mad:

PS: Also I am wondering if a request for remark would be a wise decision? Since I am only short of 5 points to pass based on this year's new passing score?

Asking for a remark is ultimately your decision. The MCC did say that borderline scores received extra scrutiny before the scores were published. However, you may also want to leave no stones unturned before rewriting again =\

Either way, I wish you good luck! It really sucks to be so close and not pass =[

They did raise the cutoff score - but in all honestly - passing the exam is pretty easy by all standards.  I'm almost curious what medical school you went to - because people passing medical school and failing what is essentially a gimmie exam, is very concerning.  I've looked at the typical questions on the exam from the Toronto Notes( from my cousin) - and even I could answer a reasonable portion with only a medical sciences undergrad degree!!  And 2/3 of the exam is based on a only a few short chapters (peds, public health, obs/gyn, psych) - give me 2 months with the Toronto Notes, and I bet I could pass the written exam without even touching medical school (though the oral version of course I would be destroyed by).

Before you unleash yourself out on the world of real live patients, you should seriously consider taking your profession seriously and study hard.

They did raise the cutoff score - but in all honestly - passing the exam is pretty easy by all standards.  I'm almost curious what medical school you went to - because people passing medical school and failing what is essentially a gimmie exam, is very concerning.  I've looked at the typical questions on the exam from the Toronto Notes( from my cousin) - and even I could answer a reasonable portion with only a medical sciences undergrad degree!!  And 2/3 of the exam is based on a only a few short chapters (peds, public health, obs/gyn, psych) - give me 2 months with the Toronto Notes, and I bet I could pass the written exam without even touching medical school (though the oral version of course I would be destroyed by).

Before you unleash yourself out on the world of real live patients, you should seriously consider taking your profession seriously and study hard.

What a condescending post. People fail an exam for many reasons - bad day or stomach ache or personal circumstances or whatever. OP would have had to pass multiple exams during the course and also matched to the top residency choice, so implying an incompetence is grossly unfair.

OP,  good luck with retake!

Does writing something like that make you feel better and superior? Really not the first time you demean others like this.

Brb, currently writing letter petitioning your school to let you skip med school. Heck, no need for you to do residency either. Go show those attendings how it's done.

Unnecessary. 

lol

They did raise the cutoff score - but in all honestly - passing the exam is pretty easy by all standards. I'm almost curious what medical school you went to - because people passing medical school and failing what is essentially a gimmie exam, is very concerning. I've looked at the typical questions on the exam from the Toronto Notes( from my cousin) - and even I could answer a reasonable portion with only a medical sciences undergrad degree!! And 2/3 of the exam is based on a only a few short chapters (peds, public health, obs/gyn, psych) - give me 2 months with the Toronto Notes, and I bet I could pass the written exam without even touching medical school (though the oral version of course I would be destroyed by).

Before you unleash yourself out on the world of real live patients, you should seriously consider taking your profession seriously and learn to not be a total jerk to people for no reason, as well as, hopefully, some humility.

They did raise the cutoff score - but in all honestly - passing the exam is pretty easy by all standards.  I'm almost curious what medical schoolarrow-10x10.png you went to - because people passing medical school and failing what is essentially a gimmie exam, is very concerning.  I've looked at the typical questions on the exam from the Toronto Notes( from my cousin) - and even I could answer a reasonable portion with only a medical sciences undergrad degree!!  And 2/3 of the exam is based on a only a few short chapters (peds, public health, obs/gyn, psych) - give me 2 months with the Toronto Notes, and I bet I could pass the written exam without even touching medical school (though the oral version of course I would be destroyed by).

Before you unleash yourself out on the world of real live patients, you should seriously consider taking your profession seriously and studyarrow-10x10.png hard.

Just wow...Are you like this in person too? 

That sucks. But at least your school seems supportive. Good luck on the rewrite (or even better, with the rescoring!)

It is definitely school dependent. UdeM just adopted a policy that requires an entering PGY1 to pass the LMCC, otherwise they cannot start residency. Hopefully it doesn't apply this year, as it was adopted in May...

Are you seriously writing this as a premed lol? If so, lets recap:

The OP, to get to the point where he passes the LMCC needs to: Study a bit more next time, waste some money on a rewrite.  Otherwise, no consequences, and his chances of success are basically 100%.

For uwopremed to get to that point he needs to: f-ing get into med school, write many tests, match to a residency program, all of which have much higher failure rates and he is much less likely to accomplish.  Chances of success maybe- 10%?

To the OP: you don't even need to tell your program, I sort of wish no one had given you that advice as its not true, atleast in Ontario.

Are you seriously writing this as a premed lol? If so, lets recap:

The OP, to get to the point where he passes the LMCC needs to: Study a bit more next time, waste some money on a rewrite. Otherwise, no consequences, and his chances of success are basically 100%.

For uwopremed to get to that point he needs to: f-ing get into med school, write many tests, match to a residency program, all of which have much higher failure rates and he is much less likely to accomplish. Chances of success maybe- 10%?

To the OP: you don't even need to tell your program, I sort of wish no one had given you that advice as its not true, atleast in Ontario.

I think he got into medical school. :/