Premed 101 Forums

Mcat Verbal Section Only

spa

Hello,

I was wondering if I can just write the CARS of the MCAT? I was planning on applying to Mcmaster and Ottawa in my third year, hoping to get a solid gpa + exploring my interests through EC's starting this september. Would you suggest I apply to these two schools only if I feel ready or should I write the whole MCAT. Can I write all the other stuff (Biological sciences etc) in a different timing, say in my 3rd year summer? 

Thanks!

Hello,

I was wondering if I can just write the CARS of the MCAT? I was planning on applying to Mcmaster and Ottawa in my third year, hoping to get a solid gpa + exploring my interests through EC's starting this september. Would you suggest I apply to these two schools only if I feel ready or should I write the whole MCAT. Can I write all the other stuff (Biological sciences etc) in a different timing, say in my 3rd year summer? 

Thanks!

Ontario medical schools (and the majority of American schools) will look at your most recent MCAT, you cannot combine sections from different test dates. That being said, if you are planning to only apply to McMaster and Ottawa, you can gladly skip through the other sections of the test (submit no answers/guess) and only put effort into the Verbal, I wouldn't do it myself but I have heard of people doing this.

• 1 month later...

Archived