Premed 101 Forums

Matriculating Med Students This Fall: How Are You Spending Your (Possibly Last) Summer?

If you are accepted, you can get your LOC now ish I think. I have a couple ideas of what I would do either way.

Side note: why is it that medical students matriculate where in every other program on earth students simply "start school"?

We have to display superior standards of professionalism and intelligence. Hence, "matriculating"...

LOL

Funny enough I'm working more... I finally have the chance to really relax by doing a diverse amount of things that I've always wanted to... not studying for the MCAT, or doing wet lab work.

I'm doing some biostatistics investigations hoping that it could turn into a paper

I get to play some borderlands, league, etc...

I get to go out to see friends often and catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time

I get to travel

bought an xbox one 

feelsgoodman

The real question is did anyone get the PS4? =D

I get to pursue other hobbies

=D

- G

We have to display superior standards of professionalism and intelligence. Hence, "matriculating"...

LOL

Lol exactly! To me it says "I think very highly of my intelligence and education, yet at the same time I've never read Orwell's Politics and the English Language, nor have I even heard of it or the ideas presented".

I'm poking fun at the group though. I don't fault individuals for using the term. Everyone says it, so it becomes one of those terms you have to use because "we all do".

As a group though, you should seriously consider retiring it :P.

Today was my last day of work, so that's done with.

From here out, it's a lot of time on the beach, reading stuff I actually want to read and not just have to, preparing for the move. swimming, biking, enjoying the Island summer and activities. I haven't actually had a summer break like this since the summer after grade 11 (eleven years ago!) so this'll be weird and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. Exercise a lot, prepare to relocate to Hamilton. 

Relaxation time!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived