Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Thank you!! This is my second year applying so this feels surreal. I'm leaning towards Queen's PT as Kingston's much closer to home than Western!

I'll be refusing my Western OT offer as well, so the waitlist will start moving! Best of luck to you!!

Wow, I just noticed that you got accepted to a lot of schools/both OT AND PT. That's awesome! Best of luck to your future studies! :)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I just noticed that you got accepted to a lot of schools/both OT AND PT. That's awesome! Best of luck to your future studies!  :)

Thank you!! And same to you!

To answer your question from an earlier post - waitlists exist past June, I think all schools keep a waitlist going until the first week of classes. Last year I was on a waitlist until the first week of September.

Anyone heard from U of T PT?

I haven't heard anything yet!

ACCEPTED to Queen's OT!  :P 

Applied: DAL, Queens (both OT)
Waitlisted: DAL OT
Rejected: 
Accepted: Queen's OT

For now, I'll be accepting Queen's - however, if DAL makes an offer, I'm going to accept them anyday, as it's closer to home for me!

I am beyond myself right now - I didn't think my GPA was competitive at all, but my references and essay I think is what got me through - plus, I've been volunteering forever! Congratulations to all of those accepted today, and I wish everyone the best of luck as more info/acceptances comes out! <3

ACCEPTED to Queen's OT!  :P 

Applied: DAL, Queens (both OT)

Waitlisted: DAL OT

Rejected: 

Accepted: Queen's OT

For now, I'll be accepting Queen's - however, if DAL makes an offer, I'm going to accept them anyday, as it's closer to home for me!

I am beyond myself right now - I didn't think my GPA was competitive at all, but my references and essay I think is what got me through - plus, I've been volunteering forever! Congratulations to all of those accepted today, and I wish everyone the best of luck as more info/acceptances comes out! <3

Congratulations!! I'll be rejecting Dal OT (OOP), so maybe you'll be getting another e-mail soon!

Thank you!! And same to you!

To answer your question from an earlier post - waitlists exist past June, I think all schools keep a waitlist going until the first week of classes. Last year I was on a waitlist until the first week of September.

I haven't heard anything yet!

Thanks! Actually got an email from Western later saying that the waitlist will be open until August 1. Ah well, here's hoping.

Applied: Western, Mac, uOttawa, Université de Montréal (all OT)
Accepted: Western, Université de Montréal (BSc-MSc continuum)
Rejected: Mac (post-interview), uOttawa (declined interview offer)
cumGPA: 3.73 (ORPAS)

subGPA: 3.82 (ORPAS)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I thought my essays for Western were strong (2+ years of volunteer and internship experience teaching adapted exercise classes, clinical exercise testing...). I thought my interview at Mac went decently well (I guess not!), except for the writing stations. I am positive that I completely bombed those...

This is my first time applying to Ontario schools, so I am ecstatic about my acceptance at Western (which I will be accepting)!

Accepted into Queen's PT/OT, U of T OT, Mac OT.

cGPA 3.80; subGPA 3.73

I saw a lot of you guys had way higher marks than I did and got rejected by Queen's. Just so you know, I've got about 200 hrs of work experience in a rehab clinic under a PT, TA'd 1st year Anatomy for two years and volunteered in the dissection lab of my university for a year. On top of that, I currently work w/ children w/ disabilities. I've actually taken a gap year and it definitely allowed me to gain some more experience which I'm sure was the differentiating factor in my application.

I second this! I got accepted to Queens PT today and only had a 3.71 sGPA... I just graduated from kin this year, but like you accrued many hours (500+) volunteering in a physio clinic, as an assistant for a couple of post-rehab programs and as a student trainer for varsity athletics at my university! For those hopeful candidates who may be reading this next year, do not let the high marks on the forum discourage you! Don't get me wrong, marks are important ...but schools like Queens are more interested in someone who shows their interest in PT through their experiences!

Accepted into Queen's PT/OT, U of T OT, Mac OT.

cGPA 3.80; subGPA 3.73

I saw a lot of you guys had way higher marks than I did and got rejected by Queen's. Just so you know, I've got about 200 hrs of work experience in a rehab clinic under a PT, TA'd 1st year Anatomy for two years and volunteered in the dissection lab of my university for a year. On top of that, I currently work w/ children w/ disabilities. I've actually taken a gap year and it definitely allowed me to gain some more experience which I'm sure was the differentiating factor in my application.

congrats. you worked hard and you deserve it. 

So i happen to be up so why not update my info

Applied:Queens, Mac, UofT, Western, Dal, UofA, McGill(all OT and PT), UofM(OT only)
Accepted: Dal OT (declined offer), UofA PT(post interview-attending)
Waitlisted: UofT OT, Western OT, UofA OT, UofM OT (post interview), Queens OT
Rejected :Dal PT (post telephone interview), UofT PT, Mac PT, Queens PT, McGill PT, Western PT, Declined McGill OT and Mac OT interview offers

cumGPA: 3.78
subGPA:.3.7
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:
Great references, strong essay(i think) 6 years experience working with individuals with disabilities, 80 hours shadowing/volunteering at physio clinic. 
I hoped my references and experience gets me into at least one school since my gpa is low (plus I spent a lot of money on applications lol). I am heading to UofA in July. I have withdrawn from all waitlists so the waitlist should move up.  Queens OT put me on the waitlist as well and I removed myself from the list. 

I guess the one PT school I got into made the decision for me. 2nd time applying and so happy I got in finally. been a long, stressful and expensive journey but well worth it. And the journey really is yet to begin. Good luck to us all. 

To all going to UofA Edmonton. See you there. 

Archived