Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Applied: U of Manitoba, McGill, U of T, Queens, Mac, Western (All PT)

Accepted: U of Manitoba, Queens, Western

Pending: McGill (interview yesterday)

Waitlisted:

Rejected: U of T, McMaster

cumGPA: 3.61

subGPA: 3.78

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 5 year Varsity athlete with 100 plus hours volunteering in both Physio clinics and Senior residences. The Past two summers I've had the opportunity to work as a NSCA-CPT with athletes, general pop and persons with a disability. Have also worked as a research assistant in a motor control lab this year but only started in the first semester. Felt as though the essays went well. References were a Physio who owns the gym where I work and the professor I'm working for as a research assistant.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone got rejected or wait listed at Queens yet?

On another note, does anyone know how many people are on a typical waitlist? Thank you! Grats on the acceptances!

I think it really depends on the school - if you're put on a waitlist you could always call the school and ask - worse case they'd say they can't tell you. In my waitlist e-mail from Mac it says they have 70 spots on the PT waitlist.

Accepted to UofT PT!! A bit surprised since my computer crashed during the CAP, which made it quite a stressful experience.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! :D 

wow so happy because I got rejected from both queens and mac but uoft was #1

So I guess all the acceptances went out for Queens OT? Safe to say if we haven't heard anything it's a rejection? Pretty frustrating with a high Cgpa and 7 years of working with people with disabilities to not get accepted anywhere :/

Applied: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens (All PT)

Accepted: None

Waitlisted: UofT, Mac, Western

Rejected: Queens

Does anybody know how much the waitlist moves for UofT, Mac and Western? I'm in the top 10 for UofT and want to better understand my chances.

Applied: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens (All PT)

Accepted: None

Waitlisted: UofT, Mac, Western

Rejected: Queens

Does anybody know how much the waitlist moves for UofT, Mac and Western? I'm in the top 10 for UofT and want to better understand my chances.

I think you have a pretty good shot for UofT - maybe look back into threads from last year and see how much it moved? Just for example - students may have received multiple offers and will pick another school, there may be people who applied that want med or dent and got into med or dent, etc. And I will likely be rejecting my UofT PT offer! I hope you get off the waitlist soon! 

I second this! I got accepted to Queens PT today and only had a 3.71 sGPA... I just graduated from kin this year, but like you accrued many hours (500+) volunteering in a physio clinic, as an assistant for a couple of post-rehab programs and as a student trainer for varsity athletics at my university! For those hopeful candidates who may be reading this next year, do not let the high marks on the forum discourage you! Don't get me wrong, marks are important ...but schools like Queens are more interested in someone who shows their interest in PT through their experiences!

I feel ya. I actually have a friend who got into Queen's w/ below a 3.66, but she's also probably got over 500+ hrs of relevant experience with a variety of clinical populations. Marks obviously get your foot in the door, but if you can show a university like Queen's that your heart is set on the profession through experiences, it definitely goes a long way. Congrats to everyone and head up to anyone who got their heart broken today - I hope it just makes you that much hungrier in your pursuit of your dreams. 

Archived