Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: McMaster, Western, UofT, Queens (all OT)
Accepted: McMaster & UofT
Waitlisted: Western 
Rejected: Queens
cumGPA: 3.72

subGPA: 3.37

Just provisionally accepted Mac but I'm holding out for Western still, I'm hoping to get a call early June that I'm off the waitlist! :)

Accepted my offer to U of T !! Spaces should be opening up for Western and Queens.

We will be classmates! Have you got your package in the mail yet? Want to add each other on Facebook? I'll be new to toronto too.

I'm also headed to UofT for OT! I received my package in the mail today. Will you guys be attending the Welcome Event this Saturday?

Had to call admissions at UofT (OT) today because I still didn't hear back about their decision... turns out they have a hard time reaching the uwo.ca email server. Needless to say I finally heard back and I am on the waiting list.

Applied: UofT, Western, Queens, Mac (all OT)

Accepted: Western
Waitlisted: UofT, Mac (#6)
Rejected: Queens

subGPA: 3.89

I accepted my offer for Western OT  :) Is there a fb group already for Western class of 2018? 

I am attending the welcome event this Saturday, has a U of T OT facebook group been created yet? I am so excited :)

There's a paper in the admissions package (the one promoting O-Week 2016) and it says to search for "U of T: Occupational Therapy Class of 2018" on facebook. But i don't see that on facebook

Trying to decide between Western and Toronto for OT. Anyone have any advice?

Hey,

I'm in the same boat.

My sister is a practicing OT (studied at Queens) and to help me out she printed off the curriculum from both schools but removed any identifying information regarding which school was which. Then we examined it together and went through what I thought about the style and subject matter of each.

Honestly, I still need to look into them both a bit more but from doing the blind test I found that they both look like pretty solid choices.

Maybe try something similar and see if that helps you. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts (or anyone else's for that matter) on both schools.

Best of luck!

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for McMaster's OT Class of 2018? I will be attending there and would love to get to know fellow classmates before the start of semester :)

Hey! I was wondering about this too, so I sent the email below to the Ask OT address, and this is the reply that I received:

Hi Tania,

I was just wondering if the OT Program typically sets up a Facebook group for new class members to connect with one another prior to orientation week? If so, I was hoping that you could forward me the link.

Many Thanks!

The program doesn’t setup a formal Facebook page but I do know students in previous classes have set this up on their own.

Tania J. Baricevic

So I've searched FB for the Mac OT class of 2018 group and have yet to find it, which i'm assuming means that it hasn't been created yet. Anyone else have any luck finding it?

Hey! I was wondering about this too, so I sent the email below to the Ask OT address, and this is the reply that I received:

Hi Tania,

I was just wondering if the OT Program typically sets up a Facebook group for new class members to connect with one another prior to orientation week? If so, I was hoping that you could forward me the link.

Many Thanks!

The program doesn’t setup a formal Facebook page but I do know students in previous classes have set this up on their own.

Tania J. Baricevic

So I've searched FB for the Mac OT class of 2018 group and have yet to find it, which i'm assuming means that it hasn't been created yet. Anyone else have any luck finding it?

Hey since there wasn't one up yet, I went ahead and made one for us! Its called "McMaster OT Class of 2018" https://www.facebook.com/groups/1561163677512847/

Cant wait to meet you all! :)

I am currently #7 on the U of A PT waitlist for in province applicants. Just wondering if anybody following this stream is planning on dropping out? I'm nervous about my chances of making it in and am trying to gauge what the chances actually are! Thanks!

I am currently #7 on the U of A PT waitlist for in province applicants. Just wondering if anybody following this stream is planning on dropping out? I'm nervous about my chances of making it in and am trying to gauge what the chances actually are! Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. In province as well, but a little further down the list (<20). I feel at #7 you have a pretty strong chance!

Archived