• Last Reply

Applied: Mac, U of T, Western, Queens, Dalhousie, McGill all PT

Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:

Interviews: Mac, Dal, UofT

cumGPA: 3.84

subGPA: 3.88
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: My references I am sure are okay, the prof I did my 4th year research project with and the physiotherapist that I have volunteered with for a year. I tend to interview pretty well but I am worried about my personal statement. I think it was fine, but not really anything stupendous.

I was wondering if anyone had heard from McGill yet/ when they expect to hear from McGill because I am worried that I haven't yet.

Applied: Mac, U of T, Western, Queens, Dalhousie, McGill all PT

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

Interviews: Mac, Dal, UofT

cumGPA: 3.84

subGPA: 3.88

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: My references I am sure are okay, the prof I did my 4th year research project with and the physiotherapist that I have volunteered with for a year. I tend to interview pretty well but I am worried about my personal statement. I think it was fine, but not really anything stupendous.

I was wondering if anyone had heard from McGill yet/ when they expect to hear from McGill because I am worried that I haven't yet.

i applied to McGill as well. I have not heard anythin yet. Only the OT department sent out invites. PT seems to be taking their sweet time

For OT - did people get acknowledgement emails for applying from UofT and Queens?

I didn't get an e-mail from UofT or Queen's for OT - did anybody get one?

Just got Mac PT! Good luck to everyone :) Does anyone else have both their OT and PT on the same day?

Mine are on the same day as well!

I have an interview at Dal for PT, got in with 4.05/4.3 sGPA. Really nervous about what sort of scenarios they're going to give for the interviews haha.

me too. got my telephone interview date and time yesterday. And i just realized that they are 2 hours ahead if MB. Good luck. Am nervous too but u can only do your best

Congratulations! For the undergrad I'm guessing? Did you get an e-mail or was your status on Minerva updated? Mine still says "Ready for Review".

Thank you crystal !

I'm coming from cegep by the way, and i got a few emails and my Minerva status was also updated a few weeks ago !

Did you try clicking on your OT admission ? is it still under review ?

Are you from University or Cegep, maybe they haven't sent any offers for uni students yet,

Best of luck to everyone,

zoro

Thank you crystal !

I'm coming from cegep by the way, and i got a few emails and my Minerva status was also updated a few weeks ago !

Did you try clicking on your OT admission ? is it still under review ?

Are you from University or Cegep, maybe they haven't sent any offers for uni students yet,

Best of luck to everyone,

zoro

It still says "Ready for Review". I'm a university applicant, so maybe you're right and they haven't sent out those offers yet!

Applied: Dalhousie, UofT, Queen's, Western, UofA (all OT)

Accepted: Dalhousie
Waitlisted:
Rejected:

subGPA: 3.5

I got an early acceptance to Dal on March 31st (an email from the OT dept) and I got the official email from the faculty of graduate studies yesterday! I'm from NB but did my undergrad at UofT so I'm not sure how that affected my application. I graduated last year with a not-so-stellar GPA at UofT and was rejected from everywhere for OT in 2015 so I'm super pumped to be accepted to at least 1 school! I went back to school for an upgrading year and that boosted my GPA by at lot so i would highly recommend that to anyone thinking about upgrading.

I also have 5 years as an OT/PT assistant working for WorkSafeNB and one of my reference letters was from a past-president of the NB Association of OT's so hopefully that helped me since my GPA wasn't crazy high even after upgrading!

Ah ! Rejected again. It is so competitive. I am feeling pretty defeated but I will continue to upgrade and reapply. I think I will apply to UOA next year as well, I just need a stats course. I should have a 3.75 after this semester, and then I will take more courses in the fall.

So disappointed

I got rejected this year too!  I was on the wait list at number 5 last year.... so don't take it personally!  I'd concentrate on other schools. i asked about how they weighted the interview/experience and GPA and they wouldn't tell me, it was a secret! so I think GPA is a high percentage of their weight because i did very well in the interview last year and this year and was flat out rejected.

Applied: UofM, UofA, Dal all OT

Accepted:

Waitlist:

Rejected: Dal

cGPA: 3.5/4.5

sGPA: 3.75/4.5

I know my essay was okay and I have around 500 hours volunteering with people with disabilities. I obviously don't have as much as some people I've seen posting here (y'all are keeners, I'm impressed!) but I know my references are really good (two profs and volunteer coordinator). I'm hoping my experience and my references are enough to make up for my less than perfect GPA. Good luck guys!

Archived