Premed 101 Forums

Utsg Full Course Load

Full course load is 5.0 FCE over the Fall and Winter semesters, the summer semester is not included. You can have 3.0 FCE in one semester, and 2.0 in the next and it'll still be fine. Most people do 2.5 and 2.5 FCE in each semester because it's more manageable.

This is not to be confused with full time student status - which is only 3.0 FCE (60% course load)

Thanks! If you're familiar with U of T, I'm a little confused about FCEs (sorry, I'm a transfer and this is completely different to my old uni's system), so I hope you don't mind me asking... Does enrolling in a class that is 1.0 FCE mean that that's your class for the fall semester, and one whole credit is taken entirely in the fall, or is it one class that runs over the entire year, so 0.5 FCE completed in fall and 0.5 in winter?

Thanks! If you're familiar with U of T, I'm a little confused about FCEs (sorry, I'm a transfer and this is completely different to my old uni's system), so I hope you don't mind me asking... Does enrolling in a class that is 1.0 FCE mean that that's your class for the fall semester, and one whole credit is taken entirely in the fall, or is it one class that runs over the entire year, so 0.5 FCE completed in fall and 0.5 in winter?

It really depends on the course code. For example:

ABCY1Y = 1.0 FCE, full year (over Fall and Winter)

ABCH1F = 0.5 FCE, Fall semester

ABCH1S = 0.5 FCE, Spring/Winter semester

ABCY1F = 1.0 FCE, Fall semester

ABCH1Y = 0.5 FCE, full year

Archived