Premed 101 Forums

How Are Y'all Destressing As Test Dates Come Closer

IMislove

Question in the topic, just thought I'd give everyone a break from the grind! I try to cycle when I can, work takes the majority of my time so studying when I can for sure. Hang with fam and some friends every so often, redditing. OMSAS opens tomorrow so that's another thing for most of us. I find myself too busy to socialize too much sadly :(. Hopefully more of that with you people once we get in xD. Keep up the energy, MCAT season is almost over (ish) xD.

Exercise and spending time with loved ones (family, spouse, close friends) :)

You say you don't have too much time for socializing, however, it is important to feel connected to those around you. If anything, when I hang out with friends, they pump my tires about how hard I'm working and how proud they are of me. It makes me want to study harder and it's reassurance that I've got an awesome support network around me. 

It doesn't have to be a whole day, but a coffee or a walk with a friend or loved one is always nice. 

It's important to take some breaks once in a while to maintain your sanity. 

For example, I'm only going to do another 30 minutes of studying today.

After that, I'm going to take my two nieces to see the movie Inside Out, then to DQ, and then sit in my basement and play video games with them. My older niece is hilarious and tells me how to play Super Mario Bros. "Get that mushroom! It makes you grow big! Get the flower so you can throw fireballs." LOL I told them both that their Mom and I played the original when we were kids.  :)

I'll be getting back to the MCAT grind tomorrow.  <_<

Exercise and spending time with loved ones (family, spouse, close friends) :)

You say you don't have too much time for socializing, however, it is important to feel connected to those around you. If anything, when I hang out with friends, they pump my tires about how hard I'm working and how proud they are of me. It makes me want to study harder and it's reassurance that I've got an awesome support network around me. 

It doesn't have to be a whole day, but a coffee or a walk with a friend or loved one is always nice. 

That's good advice, a lot of my friends are actually quite far, so I can barely rely on that. By getting closer to family would be nice, I find I can get irritated with them sometimes, but perhaps really trying to connect with them will help me with that. As well as actually getting some people time xD, which I get quite a bit of at work thankfully :). Thank you for the inspiration. 

It's important to take some breaks once in a while to maintain your sanity. 

For example, I'm only going to do another 30 minutes of studying today.

After that, I'm going to take my two nieces to see the movie Inside Out, then to DQ, and then sit in my basement and play video games with them. My older niece is hilarious and tells me how to play Super Mario Bros. "Get that mushroom! It makes you grow big! Get the flower so you can throw fireballs." LOL I told them both that their Mom and I played the original when we were kids.  :)

I'll be getting back to the MCAT grind tomorrow.  <_<

Ah I JUST started, had to get a lot of stuff out of the way/cycle this morning and early afternoon. But your plan sounds awesome, I hope you have lots of fun :). Let's do our best to stay sane! The time off you're getting is definitely needed!

Watching the movie Inside Out actually reinforces some Psych/Soc MCAT concepts. LOL

The movie contains characters for the emotions: joy, fear, anger, sadness, and disgust (surprise is missing). They also refer to short term and long term memories and there is even a part about the conscious and unconscious mind. ????

Well, since y'all are askin how the rest of y'all are destressamalizing. I tell ya hhwhut, boy howdy did i just go down to the old gator hole and warngle me up a dilly of a son of a. I reckon she's a good fiddy pounds over the county record. 

This was a good break from these verbal passages, thank you haha.

This was a good break from these verbal passages, thank you haha.

Verbal passages can get pretty interesting lol

I read one a few days ago about the "art of advertisement" and the author was talking about how he was going to use hypnosis in TV ads to mind control the viewers into buying the advertised products. 

I read one a few days ago about the "art of advertisement" and the author was talking about how he was going to use hypnosis in TV ads to mind control the viewers into buying the advertised products. 

Yeah for sure, lots of the passages are really interesting arguments or essays and you definitely learn a thing or two in the process. Also really helps you get the feel for it and an edge on answering questions :P

Yeah for sure, lots of the passages are really interesting arguments or essays and you definitely learn a thing or two in the process. Also really helps you get the feel for it and an edge on answering questions :P

I would definitely say you'll do better on verbal if you actually try to get excited about what you're reading! I learned quite a few things during my practice that I still think about every once in awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived