Premed 101 Forums

Do You Need Verifiers For Your Hobbies?

I think you should be proactive about this strategy. Since you likely don't have anyone who can verify whether you go to the gym, you should go on the offensive and tell them that you're above having to dignify their petty accusations implying you need to verify anything. Smear some feces on the application, along with some racial epithet and they won't try to bother you to get any actual verifier out of you. 

I think you should be proactive about this strategy. Since you likely don't have anyone who can verify whether you go to the gym, you should go on the offensive and tell them that you're above having to dignify their petty accusations implying you need to verify anything. Smear some feces on the application, along with some racial epithet and they won't try to bother you to get any actual verifier out of you. 

Whaaa.....

Just put someone who knows you do the hobby. They don't have to be directly involved.

Whaaaa... is right. 

Hahaha. I actually would like some advice on this! I do hobbies and didn't think (or didnt know) whether to try and include them or not. As they are not the group setting kind of hobbies... but on the other hand, I've been doing them for so. many. years. 

Hmm.. if you have a hobby of for example, doing yoga for 7 years, how would you include that?

I didn't think there would be a way of including 'independently' done hobbies, like the ones not involving an organized group or whatever. :(

I'm sure someone knows you do yoga. Use them as the verifier. Many people have 'independent' hobbies and include them in their application.

You can either put it in the Other section if you don't have a verifier (some schools don't look at this section though). You can also try to get a friend or someone who may have been tangentially involved with your hobby to verify for you (e.g. I'm getting a high school band member to verify that I play guitar).

Seems crazy that you have to do this. Jeez.

Archived