Premed 101 Forums

Research On Abs

I've seen applications where the paper is submitted, but not yet published. You can include it if you feel the need to.

Yea, I think it might be necessary. However, I was also thinking I could just write that I've been researching for a couple years. That would count as well. 

As far as I understand, this non-publication does not exist.

Yea, I think it might be necessary. However, I was also thinking I could just write that I've been researching for a couple years. That would count as well. 

Intersting. What if at one point in time, you did some casual lab work or research and you did not publish? Where should you discuss that (should you discuss that)?

• 1 month later...

Under volunteer or employment depending on the experience type

Is that the consensus? Can any others pitch in?

(I recall reading threads on this before but now I'm not able to search for them/find said threads).

1) Does it matter if you were paid/unpaid (unpaid = not employment). In this specific abs example, I was NOT paid. 

Basically, I've done research that involved a) NOT being paid (yes, I was a volunteer lab rat once, just to get my foot in the door). 

2) It does seem to matter that your work in the lab did NOT involve your being an author/publishing - okay, in this case, don't put it under 'research' then?

But how would you describe it/discuss in the little 150 character box?

Please help! Thank youuuuuu.

For me, I view volunteering in a research lab as purely doing volunteer work (i.e. stocking pipettes, etc.), while if you have your own project, or you're doing your own experiments (i.e. have independent creativity/control) it would be considered as research...but I'm still debating this topic myself haha. 

Archived