Premed 101 Forums

Listing A Publication And A Presentation

What is a poster presentation. What if you present your research idea using a powerpoint? does that count..whats an oral presentation? can you only list publications that are already published or can it be in the writing process :o

1. Poster and Oral (or podium) presentations are usually peer-reviewed abstracts that have been accepted to a national or international conference.

2. There are different opinions on this, some schools say do not do this, some schools say to include these. I had a few extra spots and so I included things that were in progress, but only if they were very near to the stage of submission or submitted. Nothing that was still in very early stages.

What you are writing is far from a publication, i.e., it does not count.

The publication was in an orthopaedic surgery clinical journal, so i don't see why that would not count... the presentation was a podium presentation of the same research at an international spine conference. My original thought was that it is redundant to list both but i figured I would ask for another opinion

On another note, a separate set of research is being presented at a different conference this year. That research has also been accepted for publication but has not been printed yet. I again WILL NOT be the one presenting at the conference. What are your opinions on listing this? 

The publication was in an orthopaedic surgery clinical journal, so i don't see why that would not count... the presentation was a podium presentation of the same research at an international spine conference. My original thought was that it is redundant to list both but i figured I would ask for another opinion

On another note, a separate set of research is being presented at a different conference this year. That research has also been accepted for publication but has not been printed yet. I again WILL NOT be the one presenting at the conference. What are your opinions on listing this? 

List the publication as one of your own and you can mention in the details section that it's being presented at the other conference.

Sorry. Of course, it counts. 

Archived