Premed 101 Forums

English Med Pre Reqs

sheepdog

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with finding which english pre reqs to take. I am gunning for UBC, and they only accept the following english credits: CEAP 250, ENGL 200, 201, 202, 203, 205, 227, 228 and 229.

I am taking CEAP 250, but all these other english classes sound really difficult - and most are not offered during the 15-16 year. 

Any advice here? (I was thinking about taking it online somewhere too?)

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling with finding which english pre reqs to take. I am gunning for UBC, and they only accept the following english credits: CEAP 250, ENGL 200, 201, 202, 203, 205, 227, 228 and 229.

I am taking CEAP 250, but all these other english classes sound really difficult - and most are not offered during the 15-16 year. 

Any advice here? (I was thinking about taking it online somewhere too?)

ENGL 201 with Popescu is super doable. Average was a B+. One takehome essay, one essay midterm, and one easy multiple choice final. Avoid ENGL 229 unless you want to write 12 essays (yes, 12), but there's no final. Average was a B+. Prof has a huge ego.

ENGL 201 with Popescu is super doable. Average was a B+. One takehome essay, one essay midterm, and one easy multiple choice final. Avoid ENGL 229 unless you want to write 12 essays (yes, 12), but there's no final. Average was a B+. Prof has a huge ego.

Seconded, ENGL 201 is relatively enjoyable. The essays are challenging but the final is easy. And the prof & reading list are pretty cool.

Archived