Premed 101 Forums

Extracurricular Activities Vs Volunteer Experience

For the supplemental part of the application, do we put every activity that was university affiliated in the extracurricular activity section? The majority of my volunteering experience were through my university, and I am not sure if they should all go under the Extracurricular section where references are not needed. 

"List your volunteer activities starting with the most recent. Include non-university affiliated volunteer experience that is

NOT medical related (eg: community clubs, societies, church, etc)"

I got the impression it's supposed to mean including non-university related, not excluding university-related.

I really don't know though, I'm not sure what the purpose of excluding anything through a school association is

Are any past applicants able to clear this up?

"List your volunteer activities starting with the most recent. Include non-university affiliated volunteer experience that is
NOT medical related (eg: community clubs, societies, church, etc)"

I got the impression it's supposed to mean including non-university related, not excluding university-related.
I really don't know though, I'm not sure what the purpose of excluding anything through a school association is

Are any past applicants able to clear this up?

So essentially did you pretty much list all volunteering activities (both university and non-university) under volunteering, while typical ECs such as sports or personal interests went under ECs? 

So essentially did you pretty much list all volunteering activities (both university and non-university) under volunteering, while typical ECs such as sports or personal interests went under ECs? 

Yeah that's what I did. I'm no expert though, but I just went off the examples they have for EC's which were sports/interests and anything community related, be it university-affiliated or not, as volunteering. 

I think the other person made a good point about the non-university thing possibly meaning non-course related volunteering though

Archived