Premed 101 Forums

Hey guys, 

The Dal website says that, in order to qualify for residency, one has to have lived for "two periods of 12 months" prior to application. The wording here is what I'm after (will call admissions, but want to check here since they're not open until monday). The fact that it says "two periods of 12 months", does that mean that they could be separate periods of 12 consecutive months? I.e. have lived there fore 12 months, moved away, came back for another 12 months? Thanks in advance. 

The website ( http://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/admissions/place-of-residence.html ) states that they have to be 2 periods of 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the start of the program. If you spent 1 year in the Maritimes back in 2005 and 1 year in 2015 it wouldn't be two periods of 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the start of the program. At least, that's how I read it. Might be worth a call to Dal.