Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

I've posted here before about whether I should apply this year or to retake my MCAT.

I've decided to take the new MCAT, but considering the timing I was only able to schedule a late date (September 12th).

Now I know that for american medical schools that we should apply earlier for a better chance, but I was wondering if you guys think I should give it a try anyways.

Stats:
aamc gpa: 3.97
Mcat: assuming atleast a 510
Application date: october 1st
EC's:
worked at brigham and women's hospital in boston doing research (one paper and another possibly, none first author)
shadowed an OR surgeon and a clinical anesthesiologist (just once each)
started a non profit organization that donated clothes to local shelters
volunteered 3 years at a soup kitchen 
started a website with a friend that has raised over $50,000 for children in south america and africa
community outreach program in Cuzco, Peru for a month
worked a clinical research job for 4 months (in allergy research)

Should I give it a chance this year? 

EDIT: forgot to mention that to take that 1 year research position in Boston, i've been out of school for as of 1 year.
Thanks :)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...